FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ken, I just purchased this 2012 Fusion SE 2.5L with the appearance package. It has 63,000 mile, 1 owner no accident car. I am an auto mechanic and have been reading some of the issues with these vehicles. I just looked at, with the intention to buy, 2012 SEL 2.5L with 66,000 miles and appearance package that has the power steering issue, as in no power steering. I hope I can offer some and receive help on these vehicles when needed.

·
Super Moderator
5,909 Posts
My name is Ken, I just purchased this 2012 Fusion SE 2.5L with the appearance package. It has 63,000 mile, 1 owner no accident car. I am an auto mechanic and have been reading some of the issues with these vehicles. I just looked at, with the intention to buy, 2012 SEL 2.5L with 66,000 miles and appearance package that has the power steering issue, as in no power steering. I hope I can offer some and receive help on these vehicles when needed.
Hi FMC. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Club, and congratulations on your new Fusion. She looks good!

Good luck.

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
159 Posts
Hi
If you bought from a ford dealer go back and ask them to update your sync for free. If not a dealer you can go online and find the download. The steering is not that bad and not all cars fail. There is a recall so look that up. Always use fords tranie fluid and coolant always. I just bought a 2012 2.5 last Aug and like it. You're probably close to needing brakes.
Youtube has some good how-to videos if you do your own work. One thing you should look into now is the cabin air filter. All auto stores sell them for under $10. Mine was never replaced.
How to Replace Cabin Air Filter 2012 Ford Fusion - YouTube

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hay fordfusionjohnny, thanks for the video. Bought it from a used car lot 2 hours away in CT, best price with that mileage. They put new brakes and rotors all around. Mercon LV, bought a case already, cause my wife has a 2018 Ford Escape that has the same 6-speed. And remember, change that transmission fluid every 30,000 miles, it breaks down faster the the Mercon V fluid, and to change the transmission filters in these cars the transmission has to come out and split apart. My owners manual actually tells me to change the fluid and filter at 150,000 miles. Imagine what that fluid would look like, and change the filter? For what has to be done, and cost to do that, at 150,000 miles, I'd have the transmission rebuilt, I don't know of a forever filter, if there is one, tell me where I can buy one. I'll even invest in the company and buy as many stocks as I can. Have a great day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts