FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steeda Intake Installed (So easy my 10 year old son did it for me)

Steeda Box

Parts Laid Out

Connor getting filter and heat shield ready for install

Removing clap on air box

Removing MAF Sensor

Fighting Air Box

Got the Air Box out

Installing Steeda MAF Housing

Install MAF Sensor (Sorry missed that picture)
Installing Heat Shield and Filter

Tightening both clamps

Install Done Sounds Great and Looks Great

Will post video soon just have to wait for YouTube to updated

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Thanks for posting the vid. We've heard what the catback sounds like but I don't think anyone has posted the CAI with full sound. Interesting.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=mrc link=topic=85135.msg1608262#msg1608262 date=1186106155]
Thanks for posting the vid. We've heard what the catback sounds like but I don't think anyone has posted the CAI with full sound. Interesting.

[/quote]

the sound is great. nice and quiet when just driving around but then you open it up it sounds very mean.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Since you aren't running any custom tunes, how does the addition of the CAI alone feel according to the "butt dyno"?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=mrc link=topic=85135.msg1608280#msg1608280 date=1186106494]
Since you aren't running any custom tunes, how does the addition of the CAI alone feel according to the "butt dyno"?
[/quote]

very good. when i went out and drove it i shifted quick from 1st to 2nd but nothing major and it barked 2nd gear harder than it ever has. the pull in the mid to top end is alot better. did not have a chance to go out and run the freeway but will do that on the way to work tomorrow. Will see how it pulls in 5th at 70mph.

·
Registered
840 Posts
it sounds nice! Mines coming in tomorrow if shipping goes according to plan. I just installed some 6000k halogin lights today, and im excited to put in the intake tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=benit0 link=topic=85135.msg1608493#msg1608493 date=1186111804]
it sounds nice! Mines coming in tomorrow if shipping goes according to plan. I just installed some 6000k halogin lights today, and im excited to put in the intake tomorrow.
[/quote]

You will not be disappointed. There is only one thing i would have done diff if i were steeda. Make the air filter some how attach to the heat shield so it does not move at all. it only moves a litte as you can see from the video but that is all i would have done diff everything is great.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=85135.msg1609292#msg1609292 date=1186142605]
You will not be disappointed. There is only one thing i would have done diff if i were steeda. Make the air filter some how attach to the heat shield so it does not move at all. it only moves a litte as you can see from the video but that is all i would have done diff everything is great.
[/quote]

So there's nothing bracing the intake so the MAF doesn't shake around? Sounds dicey. I had a short ram on one car with poor brackets, killed my MAF in two weeks. Of course that car had nothing but wheel hop, but that's besides the point :lol:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the heat shield holds it in place very well but it does vibrate a little as you can see from the video. After looking at it again i think if i move the screw end of the hose clap up to the top instead of the bottom like it is the filter will sit flush against the heat shield and that will keep it from moving at all.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
That...........is..................cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to have to cut back on the money I am planning for our anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Your son looked like a professional. :D

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=85135.msg1609443#msg1609443 date=1186148518]
That...........is..................cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to have to cut back on the money I am planning for our anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Your son looked like a professional. :D
[/quote]

Ya he had a good time. He gets to work on some things with me so i figured he could do this without a problem. He did get a little frustrated while take the air box out it got hooked on the inner fender or something. You can kinda see it on his face in one of the pix :lol:

[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=85135.msg1609515#msg1609515 date=1186151197]
Also, how's the sound inside the cabin?
[/quote]

With the windows up it is not any louder than the air silencer delete so not bad at all but with the windows down you can here it at WOT. It sounds great and does not sound like it should be coming out of a Fusion :lol:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are updated pics. Got the filter to sit more up right does nothing for the function just me being anal :lol: i moved the clamp screw up top to hold the filter in place better then put a piece of foam tape under the filter between it and the heat shield. As you can see the filter is more flush aginst the heat shield now. Also i drove home tonight and it was warm out i drive about 20 miles one way and the MAF house was cool to the touch did not heat up at all. This thing works great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts