FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the Ford dealer today and saw an 08 with the sport package (18" wheels, two-tone interior, etc). Much to my surprise the clock on the SEL model looked much nicer than the current version. It is actually the same clock but the hash marks around the bezel and the hour and minute hand are all CHROME instead of being painted with the cheap looking silver paint.As soon as I can get a part # I will post it with some pictures of the new clock.

:klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg:

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yea, the rims certainly look better in person than any picture I have seen!! The only mistake they made was putting the GOODYEAR rubber on them! BAD, BAD choice!

·
Registered
108 Posts
OK Looked up the vin of 08 sport package on lot. part # for clock was 6n7z15000aa ... For s**t's and giggles I looked up vin for my 07 sel and part # is same. SO tonight I shall look and pay attention if my arms are chrome or painted.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks wingfoot, I know sometimes the cars hit the dealers lot before the parts departments get the new software with new part #'s for their computers. I may wait a few weeks and check again after we are further into the '08 season.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well thank the Lord that the clock is finally getting an upgrade. I would have thought I'd have seen it with 07 since I called Ford twice to ask them when they were going to put a better looking one in the car.

Good stuff - I'm going to be at the dealership tomorrow to see about my car - I'll see if I can snap a picture.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As promised, here's the clock on the SEL '08 Fusion's. The hands and hour marks are now chrome instead of flat paint silver..I apologize about picture quality as the car was inside the dealership so lighting was not the best..it looks alot better in person than the current version of the clock...

·
Registered
108 Posts
DV when you ordered it was it the same part # I came up with ? I've looked at the cataloging and it doesn't say they changed anything guess they just made the change and that's the way it will be from now on.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wingfoot,

I haven't had a chance to order it yet but I did find out that it's on all SEL's for '08. I stopped by the dealer yesterday and had my camera with me so that's how I got the pic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2007 SEL was built in June, picked it up on 8/15/2007 and it has the Chrome hands as well as chrome 12/3/6/9 positions. A friend of mine that I work with has a 2006 Fusion and I have to say, the chromed pieces make a huge difference!

Mike

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm sure they do, Debit... I just wrote a diary entry about in another thread..... And this is my next step, to try and trade for this better clock. I'm hoping the same part number thing works in my favor.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
My clock hands look like they were cut from a sheet of plastic, because on the sides of the hands there is a semi-rough area where you can tell it was almost "broken off" from a sheet. If you look at the clock DEAD ON, you can't see the lines because they're on the sides of the hands. Is the chrome version like this? If not, then it looks like I've just bought myself a new clock :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
[quote author=Double Vision link=topic=87789.msg1684352#msg1684352 date=1188699642]
Insert Quote
As promised, here's the clock on the SEL '08 Fusion's. The hands and hour marks are now chrome instead of flat paint silver..I apologize about picture quality as the car was inside the dealership so lighting was not the best..it looks alot better in person than the current version of the clock...

[/quote]

My 07 Clock looks just like that.... Mines was built in March 07.

Alex

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm mailing my "plastic" clock back. The dealer from TEAM FORD in Las Vegas is trying to get me the chrome clock. And I KNOW that the clock issue is kind've petty to talk about... but it really degrades the experience in the cockpit. AND I'm the only Ford driver of all my friends. I've gotta represent. ha ha

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WINGFOOT,

I had my parts man check and he came up with the same number you have.. I ordered it and it came with the CHROME hands and numeral hash marks!! I think they have switched to the chrome version and you can not get the silver painted ones anymore... I just switched mine out today!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sweet glad the #'s worked for ya. From what I could tell that's what they did just switched to this new clock from the old one. Maybe warr will have to replace alot of peoples umm defective clocks !

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yay this is much better, gotta get mine replaced now! I don't think I have it but how can I be sure? Dealer's are saying 50 bucks should cover it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.