FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out Ford's new US microsite for the Fiesta - http://www.fordvehicles.com/2011fiesta/

Found out about it from thetruthaboutcars.com website:

Ford Fiesta North American Info Suddenly Available
By Justin Berkowitz
November 22nd, 2008 -

Mining of Ford’s microsite (MICROSITE!) extravaganza - which gave us substantial info about the 2010 Fusion - has proven useful again. Now Ford has released what are at least preliminary data for the 2011 Fiesta - which should be on sale some time in the next 12 months (but when? and why not in the last 12 months?). The microsite (MICROSITE!) says “on the pavement in early 2010″

Engine will be the 1.6 liter Ti-VCT 4-banger. In Europe this engine has 118 horsepower. Ti-VCT apparently indicates twin independent variable cam timing. I assume some of TTAC’s engineering oriented readers will tell the rest of us if that’s significant or something that Yugo has been doing since 1959.

Transmission to be a Ford “Powershift” automatic - that’s a dual clutch gearbox. We blogged about this transmission in the Focus here. No word if a traditional stick will come to North America. Cue frustration, comments about “no stick no buy.” For the record, I love my DSG.

Stuff - Microsoft SYNC, Bluetooth, leather seats, standard electronic stability control. Also the Fiesta will offer “up to” seven airbags (dual front, thorax, curtain, and driver’s knee), and the use of the “up to” phrase means the value stripped out cars on dealer lots won’t have ‘em.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts