FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently heard about a product called FatMat that is suppose to be better then Dynamat, and way cheaper. Here is the site--www.fatmat.com

You can get a 100 Square feet for only 86 dollers plus shipping on ebay, or 1oo dollers from the actual site. Dynamat is about 120 dollers for only 36 square feet. If anybody has tried this what did you think, if not guess I will be the guiney pig. :shock: You should be able to do your entire car with that much, and for only a hundred dollers, damn! :lol:

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have not tried FatMat, but there are many just as good, or better -- and cheaper than Dynamat. Second Skin, B-Quiet, HushMat to name a few. I say "do it".

·
Registered
407 Posts
I chose Second skins Damplifier after reading this artical. It's a great read full of tons on info. I recommend reading it before making your choice.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I decided to go with fatMat. I read the showdown and saw that the fatmat didnt rate so well, so I decided to go with the upgraded version of fatmat called rattletrap. Its 80mm thick compaired to fatmats 45mm. The site also says it can withstand temps up to 300F. Got 50 square feet for 80 bucks :lol: I will let you guys and gals know how it all works out. :hyper:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DONT BUY THAT FATMAT SHIT!!!!!

Those bastards ripped me off. Had to call my Credit card company and file a fraud report.
They took out my money, and never heard anything else from them girls. :angrypoint:

:dmention7: fatmat :dmention7:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sad to hear you got taken. I used elemental designs Edead in the doors of my focus. Need to do the Milan. Got to big rolls for like $48,

Tim

·
Registered
264 Posts
I bought 100 Sq ft. of Sound Destroyer brand sound deadener on Ebay for like $160 grand total.

It's 80 mil thick, which according to Dynamat.com is thicker than Dynamat. I only used half of it and did entire trunk, rear deck, and all door panels. It got rid of alot of tire noise with the windows up from my 20's.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just perchased 40 Sq. feet of Secondskin's Damplifier. Im excited.

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=Tweek link=topic=83300.msg1705798#msg1705798 date=1189528994]
I just perchased 40 Sq. feet of Secondskin's Damplifier. Im excited.
[/quote]

Great stuff. Easy to work with.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Larry maybe Steeda can start marketing Sound Dampening mats. Then you could use all of us here to test it out.. for free of course. :wiggle: :sold:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts