FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my new black Fusion SE for less than a week. I noticed 3 light scratches or paint transfers, I cant really tell. Here is my dilemma; the dealership sold me on this "Xzilon" Molecular adhesion. I have a due bill and have yet to have it applied. Should I attempt to get them out my self? if so how would you recommend I go about doing that? Or should they take care of that when they apply the product? Thanks in advance

Manny!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Although I am not a fan of dealer installed sealants since they have so many restrictions to honor the warranty, to answer your question it just depends on how they prep your surface if it will be removed.

A simple pre-wax cleaner or cleaner/wax may remove the marks such as Mothers or Meguiars or you may have to use a scratch remover from Mothers or Meguiars. Meguiars is a tad more aggressive than Mothers but I assume you want something locally available. You should discuss with dealer before they do anything if you are expecting them to correct it.

You should ask them if you get scratches in the future, will they honor the warranty if you try to remove them with OTC products.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.