FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm finally gonna bite the bullet and buy some wheels. Since I live in the south, I will have no reason to keep the factory SEL rims. What would be a fair price to ask for the wheels? They are near perfect w/5000k on them. I can't afford to give them away but I don't want to bend anybody over either.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Put them on e-bay, and let the bidding begin. I would guess around $300-->$375 shipped. Check e-bay for others selling the same.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Are you talking about the RIMS or the tires WITH the rims. If the first, then I'd say you could probably get about $50-$75/rim. If with the tires, you could probably get $120 per.

If you are selling the tires and rims, and have the Michelin Pilot tires on there, keep in mind that those are $250 PER TIRE retail.....you might want to consider parting them out to tire shops if you can't get some pretty good money for them and then selling the rims by themselves.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=88644.msg1704201#msg1704201 date=1189469186]
Are you talking about the RIMS or the tires WITH the rims. If the first, then I'd say you could probably get about $50-$75/rim. If with the tires, you could probably get $120 per.

If you are selling the tires and rims, and have the Michelin Pilot tires on there, keep in mind that those are $250 PER TIRE retail.....you might want to consider parting them out to tire shops if you can't get some pretty good money for them and then selling the rims by themselves.
[/quote]
It will be just the rims that will be sold. A friend has a set of Falken Torque 5 wheels that I can get cheap and they are 17's so I will be using the tires due to finances. Eibachs will go on this week so I don't think it will look too bad. The Falkens have a nice lip on them and kind of adds some depth to the appearance. That is about the price that maybe I was thinking. 200-230 something like that for the set. I saw them on Ebay for $100 a piece but who's gonna pay that for a stock rim. Didn't seem right to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing. On Ebay I have seen the wheels (take offs) for as low as $90.00 each but with $35.00 shipping and the tires with
10/32 tread for $400 with $60.00 shipping. Wheels and tires for $650 with $140 shipping. If they are in great shape I think $75.00 for each wheel is a fair
price. Let me know if you sell your wheels how much you get because I am thinking about getting these wheels and will be selling my wheels and tires soon.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I say keep them and put them on in the winter. Salt can play hell on chrome wheels.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live in GA and we don't get much snow here and even if we did I don't think they
have salt for the roads. HALOREALM is in TN and I don't think they use salt either.

[quote author=jwolfe815 link=topic=88644.msg1707874#msg1707874 date=1189571724]
I say keep them and put them on in the winter. Salt can play hell on chrome wheels.
[/quote]

·
Registered
410 Posts
[quote author=Darin link=topic=88644.msg1705792#msg1705792 date=1189528842]
I have been wondering the same thing. On Ebay I have seen the wheels (take offs) for as low as $90.00 each but with $35.00 shipping and the tires with
10/32 tread for $400 with $60.00 shipping. Wheels and tires for $650 with $140 shipping. If they are in great shape I think $75.00 for each wheel is a fair
price. Let me know if you sell your wheels how much you get because I am thinking about getting these wheels and will be selling my wheels and tires soon.[/quote]

I've seen these also on ebay,(17" SEL wheels & tires) but the thing is they don't sell at that price. Recently I've seen some that come and go without selling for $549 + 140 shipping. Ebay can be alot of things, but it is usually a good indicator of the 'going rate' of used items, at least the high end. Not trying to low-ball anyone, just some observations I've made since I'm somewhat interested in getting a set of the OEM 17" SEL wheels & tires for my SE. I'm fine with the alloys that came with the car, but it'd be nice to get the upgrade at a good price. If I can't find any that'd be ok too.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I bought a set of dealer take-offs for my Fusion. They were the 17" SE Sport Appearance wheels with the painted inserts. I paid $400 for all 4 with tires. These had less than 5 miles on them. Luckily, I was able to pick them up in person. But the shipping would've run about $140.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=88644.msg1717232#msg1717232 date=1189965228]
I bought a set of dealer take-offs for my Fusion. They were the 17" SE Sport Appearance wheels with the painted inserts. I paid $400 for all 4 with tires. These had less than 5 miles on them. Luckily, I was able to pick them up in person. But the shipping would've run about $140.
[/quote]
You are correct UE. If I sell the wheels for a $150 and someone has to pay $150 to get them shipped, well, there's really no bargain in that.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, you have to understand too that some people would rather pay $140 in shipping to have 4 rims with tires delivered right to their doorstep. If it were me I'd be looking for a local deal where I DIDN'T have to pay shipping at all. If you sold all four rims for a $189 Buy-It-Now price with $140 shipping you should be doing really well. The issue is that Ebay and Paypal will rake you over the coals with the fees. Now that they're owned by the same person they really shouldn't "double dip" with fees but unfortunately they do and nothing will change until some hellified entrepreneur businessman finds a way to truly compete.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts