FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to modify the factory navigation for use while the car is moving? This is one of my biggest pet peeves with this thing. I know it can be done, I just don't know how on the factory navigation. On my Pioneer AVIC-D2 you just needed to ground the parking break pin I believe.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yes, there is an e-brake bypass. I am not sure exactly where I saw this at, I am sure someone will chime in and post it up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wonder if it would be the same as modding something like a pioneer d3? If it is, all you would have to do is ground the parking break wire and the mute wire. But I dont know if it is the same bypass or not.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i got a Peripherel PTR7 for my alpine. I think its only for Alpine though. I hooked up the the ebrake and foot brake from my alpine to the ptr7 and it sends the series of triggers back to the head.

Alpine makes you pump the ebrake three times while pumping the foot brake once or twice i think. Its all a matter of triggering the ground wires to both, a series of times... hence pulling up the ebrake to trigger the ground wire and pushing it back done. I dont know if the factory requires this type of sequence but id be almost sure there is something for it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
All Nav. systems and DVD players have a wire that connects to the back of the player, then that wire gets connected to your parking brake. Most players you have to do some type of sequence to get it to work :?. I have a Jensen DVD player and I had to pull the parking brake up, down, then up again to get it to work. So I cut the wire from the parking brake and spliced a 2 dollar toggle switch, then connected it to a ground. Now all I do whenever I want to watch a movie is click the toggle switch twice, which is located right under my dash. The DVD player thinks its the parking brake being engaged. :exnbpup: I believe Nav. systems are the same. Hope this helps at all.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I was going to buy the new Pioneer AVIC Z unit the other day, but someone at CarToys told me that it was "non-hackable" when it came to bypassing the park brake warning due to Pioneer getting so many tickets because of people illegally bypassing the HU's security, etc. Can anyone confirm this? This guy seemed like he knew what he was talking about, but I'm not sure he did.

·
Registered
359 Posts
unless pioneer did something else to recognize the parking break ground then i would say its false... like i said and Tweak said, its just a series of pulses of the ground to get it to work.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think that guy is bullshitting you. But I have heard that in 2009 all DVD players will have a sensor in them that when the car moves, the sensor in the player feels the movement and shuts off the film. But someone will bypass that, if theres a will there a way. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hell, it looks like I should probably buy before 09 then. Those little suckers are EXPENSIVE though. I'd love the Z3's capability but the price is just insane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts