FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for you 07 people with Sirius radio installed from the factory. Do you have a separate regular Sirius antenna or is integrated into the regular antenna.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay can i get a few answers from you?

what you charge?

what do they use for an antenna? I don't want a sirius antenna i want to use the factory ford antenna

·
Registered
18 Posts
icalluout, since your a work at a ford dealership, i was wondering if you could answer a question for me.
I was wondering if you knew if the 07 SE fusions come with 6 months free sirius radio. Every Fusion that ive seen around the dealerships where i live come with the free trial, but when i bought mine i didnt get it so i was just wondering if it's in only select fusion or all 07 fusions.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=rezballer_69 link=topic=75769.msg1372539#msg1372539 date=1177824358]
icalluout, since your a work at a ford dealership, i was wondering if you could answer a question for me.
I was wondering if you knew if the 07 SE fusions come with 6 months free sirius radio. Every Fusion that ive seen around the dealerships where i live come with the free trial, but when i bought mine i didnt get it so i was just wondering if it's in only select fusion or all 07 fusions.
[/quote]

Hi rezballer! :D The Fusions that you are looking at which have 6 months of Sirius radio, were all ordered by the Dealership with the Sirius Radio option. It includes the Sirius Radio hardware, and 6 months free service. So theoretically, a buyer is paying for the hardware, and getting 6 months service "free". I believe the Sirius option is approximately $195.
Your Fusion does not have Sirius because it was not ordered with the Sirius Radio option. It is that simple.
Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'm usually really picky about looking at the window stickers and the option equipment and stuff like that but I guess that I didn't pay attention this time. Oh well ah, maybe someday i'll have use for satellite radio but for now regular radio is good enough for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
icalluout......so do you know if i can have sirius installed in my fusion just like it came from the factory? and for what price?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any one know any more about installing a factory sirus system and adding the antenna on the roof. I'm suprised there ins't someone who has done it yet.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Mine came with it, I've been looking at getting rid of my antenna off the roof and putting the "shark fin" off of the MKZ on in it's place.

·
Registered
505 Posts
a separate antenna is no big deal. the new SAT antennas are so small that they can easily be mounted under the rear deck carpet (it works fine there and you will never see it). I have my XM SAT antenna and GPS antenna under the rear deck carpet and they both get perfect signals there.

but to answer your original question... as long as the dealer can order the exact part that would have come from the factory then I see no reason why you can't use the roof antenna. if your car didn't come with Sirius from the Factory, then your antenna is only good for FM. you will have to order the FM/SAT antenna AND the wiring to go with it, as well as the Sirius tuner itself. check out TeamFordParts.com to see what you'll need. you're probably looking at $100 for the antenna/wiring, + $200 for the Sirius tuner, +$$$ (what's the Ford labor rate, $90/hr?) for labor.

in the end it's simply not worth it to spend ~$500 for the "factory" option. for that kind of money you could have a in-dash DVD touchscreen radio with XM or Sirius SAT radio.

:shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.