FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in my 24V Duratec '04 Taurus (aka Bore-us) for a clean 24V Duratec '06 Fusion SEL and, as you can see below, it came with chrome 17" SEL rims. They have the factory Michelins, along with chrome valve stems, caps and lug nuts. The center caps are plain chrome w/ no Ford logo. Could these rims even be had chromed from the factory, or do I have the prior owner to thank for the chrome job?

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome bro.

Nice ride and rims. A little tint, drop, and exhaust should take her to the next level. Then from there you are on your own. :D

Welcome again. :goodjob:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Already got the tint since this pic. Don't know about exhaust since I can sit in my hopped up 5.0 Mustang with Flowmasters and pipes if I want to give my ears a beating. Thinking about springs in the near future but just wondering about these rims. I assumed they were stock, but???

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yep, those wheels have never been chromed at the factory, but they look pretty good. Just keep an eye out for bubbles and corrosion.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Some dealerships also do chroming, and offered it as an option to the original owner. My 96 probe had the rims chromed from the original dealership, and lasted a good 80k miles before they started to dull. But mine did retain the original centercaps, as yours are chromed over, or generic 33/34mm?'s .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts