FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if you dont know how much to torgue the wheel lugs then you shouldnt be modding your car.
I guess that goes for everything in life, eh? If you don't know how to do something, don't bother asking for information, because if you do, that means you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. :shock:

Damn it, Frosty...I wanted to post in that thread but you locked it. :evil: haha

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
hmmm, I guess I missed it.

Oh - hey Jimmy, did you spend some time up in New York this week? :bunnyd:

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
lmao

eh, we all know that untouchable doesn't like frosty-he's frosty's new troll, well not new, but the replacement for RR

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
holeydonut said:

Nope, not me. Did you see something ugly dude who looked like me or something? :lol:

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Ugh - that thread sucked.

There's nothing wrong with frosty asking about the lugs; but man - you definitely DO NOT need a torque wrench to put the lugs back on after you take your wheels. We also don't need kiddie-fights about it because someone thinks that there will be a huge chain of events that will happen if you don't pay the $5 to have a guy snicker at you since you're too baby to tighten your own lug nuts.

Some of the guys in that thread made some slippery-slope SOB story that makes it seem like not using a torque wrench will be the worst thing in the world to do to your car. Sheesh. Let me guess - I need to go go find a torque-wrench to put my oil filter back on. Let me go get a torque wrench to reconnect the clamp around the negative battery terminal.

Anyway, the same people who pay $40 for an oil change are the same people who absolutely need to have their lug nuts torqued after removal. Or think that not tightening your license plate screws enough can cause your CEL. Heck, I doubt those people would paint their calipers themselves - so it's moot.

Ugh... and people wonder why so many of the "legitimate tech" users who come to M3F only leave thinking this place is full of schmucks. Most forums talk about how to un-tap exhaust manifold studs in the case they break; or they talk about what piston rods are interchangeable to increase the compression ratio. In stead, we have bicker-fests on fucking torquing lug nuts.

Just use the tire iron in a star-pattern when the wheel is still up in the air - but don't go too tight. Then, drop the car, and do the final tightening with the tire iron. Unless your tire iron happens to be 5 meters long and you hop up and down on the very far end of it - you won't do any damage. You think when you go to Firestone for new tires that they torque to 90? Fuck that, they torque that bitch up to 150+ with their air-impact-driver...

:dhl:

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
JimmyT said:
holeydonut said:

Nope, not me. Did you see something ugly dude who looked like me or something? :lol:

I think you found the thread already ;)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By the way, who the hell would a) pay to have their lugnuts torqued and, b) actually CHARGE a customer to torque the lugs???

I went to Discount Tire today to get a leaky tired fixed (nail) and noticed the service guy torquing the lugs. I didn't get charged for the fix, let alone to have the lugs torqued. If a garage wanted to charge me ANYTHING to have the lugs torqued, I'd tell them to stick the torque wrench up their....well, you know.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Well I know the tire place I've been dealing with won't charge for something like that but I was just checking to see if it's the right thing to do or not.

I didn't exactly like the fact that untouchable has been back for like one fucking day and he's purposefully trolling me again when he has been warned many o' times not too. :mad:

I'll be painting my calipers tomorrow and I'll just use the tire iron. When I go for my first service those fockers are gonna do a tire rotation and torque them up anyway!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
i wanna see pics of those painted calipers. yes, i've noticed untouchable trolling you. the only places he posts seems to be right behind you, so i bet that annoys you ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Glad to know I'm not the only one noticing a marked increase in bitches and haters lately.

I think there should be more psychological studies about online forums....I bet you could get enough material for a doctoral thesis from untouchable alone.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
blitz said:
Glad to know I'm not the only one noticing a marked increase in bitches and haters lately.

I think there should be more psychological studies about online forums....I bet you could get enough material for a doctoral thesis from untouchable alone.
:exnbprofl: Hahahaha!

Yeah I'll have to agree with that statement for sure.

I'm tired of getting involved with shit with him....if he can't post constructively he shouldn't post at all.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
csweeney said:
i wanna see pics of those painted calipers. yes, i've noticed untouchable trolling you. the only places he posts seems to be right behind you, so i bet that annoys you ;)
Yeah I wouldn't mind some backup on the situation. I'm not saying anything to him 'cause I'm not getting involved in yet another flame war.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
^^^ You do realize that Untouchabe posts that way for the sole reason that he wants to provoke a reaction......

Every time he posts "OWNED" and you get pissed, that just makes him want to post it 10 more times... just avoid giving him anything positive to work with.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Yeah I don't really pay attention to the "OWNED" when he doesn't even know when the right time to use it is....

Like when you ask a ligitimate question posting "owned" as an answer doesn't make too much sense.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Too bad you don't have the option to censor certain members from using particular smileys. haha

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
JimmyT said:
Too bad you don't have the option to censor certain members from using particular smileys. haha
Waiting for global ignore :wink: .

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Yeah I welcomed him back because I was trying to be nice and hoping that he had changed....

I guess wonders will never cease...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.