FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 06 2.3 manual and I am looking to upgrade the exhaust. I really like the dual exhaust with the six cylinder set up. I know there's a magnaflow catback available but so far I haven't heard what it sounds like.

Outside of the magnaflow system, what are my options for an exhaust? Could I turn it into a dual exhaust system by going to a performance muffler shop? Does anyone have any experience in this? Does flowmaster make an exhaust for the Fusion? Also, if I decide to go with the magnaflow, what is the sound like on the 2.3 manual? I am hoping to avoid the cookie cutter sound...I want something with a deeper sound. What I have heard on the clips on this site from the Russian would be perfect. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you just want duals and not really looking for loudness--buy a take off exhaust from one of the V6 owners who went with magnaflow--add the SS tips like I did to my stock exhaust and enjoy the look--J.C Whitney cat no---472300--40.97 with shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I have a whole stock cat-back exhaust system just lying around in the garage since I replaced mine with the Magnaflow system...

But honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with the I4 Magnaflow cat-back setup.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indycop, that looks nice with minimal money put into it.

I think I'm going to go with the Magnaflow catback. I've been doing some research and watched some clips and I think the sound will be nice on my ride. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey mrc, where did you get that tire and rim package. That is one of the best ones I have ever seen. Could you tell me where you got them, the size and how much?????? Thanks

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks! Well, I bought the rims used. I paid 600. for them. They are 18's ROX Star wheels. I wanted something clean and sharp with that BLINGtastic feel to them. http://www.roxwheels.com/chrome05.htm I believe you can order direct from them. I had some Falken's on them but I didn't like the ride so I ended up getting some new Nexen N3000's from Rent and Roll. I like a wide tire because it really makes the car look beefier so I went with the 245/40/18's. I still have plenty of clearance with my Eibach springs.

Between the wheels and the new tires, I have 1100. total into it. When they mounted the tires, I had them fill the tires with Nitrogen rather than regular air. Everything they say about the Nitrogen fill is true. The ride is smooth and you don't lose tire pressure. I checked my tires once a week for a month and I didn't lose a lb of pressure. If you have any questions, let me know.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hell, I have a duel exaust off of a 2006 SE V6 Fusion just sitting at a buddy of mines house. I pulled it off my old Fusion, put on a Magnaflow, and totaled out the car two weeks later. But I still have the old exaust. It's not the one with the chrome tips like the ones on my SEL V6. It only has 10k miles on it, you want it, I'll give it to you for free, you just pay for shipping. All you'll need to do is get more rubber mounting brackets (I cut to old ones off and bought new ones when I put the Magnaflow on).

I will be putting another Magnaflow exaust cat back system on the new Fusion very soon. I loved the way it sounded. I'd turn down the raido (and that alone is painful for me) just to listen to it as I drove off from a stop. It's just plan mean sounding. I may just go the header route, high flow cats, and magnaflow exaust this time around.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Hey BassNutz, I would love to get that exhaust from you. I want dual exhaust, but my money is funny. Let me know if its ok so we can finish the transaction.

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote author=tnoah link=topic=77397.msg1430948#msg1430948 date=1179903434]
I think I read somewhere that Borla is going to be coming out with a cat-back system for the Fusion.
[/quote]

I just got off the phone with Borla and they did an R&D on a V6 exhaust and he said that there was not enough demand to produce a full line of the exhaust. So I guess for any of you out there waiting for another company to release an exhaust you are out of luck until FSWerks or someone has one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts