FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get exhaust smoke when I turn on the car once or twice a day, is that normal? I was surprise to see the big smoke cloud. It's kind of embarrassing cause is a very noticeable smoke. It just started doing it not long ago.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Sounds like your car is running rich. Take that sucker to the stealership and have them take a look. Smoking tailpipe = not optimal.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Blue smoke= oil burning
Black smoke= running rich
White smoke this time of year= coolant evaporating

If you have any engine mods you might want to take them off. Depending on the dealer they might want to put the blame on them.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=douglas307 link=topic=83172.msg1556317#msg1556317 date=1184375444]
I get exhaust smoke when I turn on the car once or twice a day, is that normal? [/quote]

Of course that's not normal. Visit the dealer pronto.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It hasn't done it, it just does it once in a while I suppose.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Is it smoke or is it steam? Steam is alright on cold starts and it goes away soon after. If it's smoke, you'll definitely smell the excess fuel/oil and you'll see your tailpipes get pretty sooty.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
You remind me of when I had an '88 Ninety Eight Oldsmobile. Every now and then it would shoot out smoke like it was introducing a rock band at a concert. VERY embarrasing. I found out that the computer had a bug and was causing the injectors to pump more gas than required at certain times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.