FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a common thing? I go through tires seems like every 6 months to a year. I also noticed that is seems stiff to change lanes. I'm wondering if maybe it's a alignment toe in issue. I was just wondering if this was a common occurence for others.

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Is this a common thing? I go through tires seems like every 6 months to a year. I also noticed that is seems stiff to change lanes. I'm wondering if maybe it's a alignment toe in issue. I was just wondering if this was a common occurence for others.
Hi wanna. Unless you are driving 40,000 miles a year, that is abnormal wear. When was the last time you had your car aligned and how many miles are you getting out of a set of tires? How often do you rotate your tires? What PSI do you inflate your tires to and how often do you check them? How hard do you drive?
If our cars are properly aligned, wheels properly balanced, tires properly inflated and rotated every 5,000-7,500 miles or so (according to your model year's Maintenance Schedule) and we don't drive abnormally hard, there's no reason not to get ~40,000 miles and even more out of the OEM and equivalent replacement tires.
Get back to us with the above information and we'll try to help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts