FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There may be a few hours of downtime this afternoon or evening starting around 2:30 PM EST or so. This should hopefully fix our problems.

Edit: Everything should be fixed as of July 26!

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was utterly inaccessible for 4 days? (Well, you got "board down" messages or got redirected to a site where you could view it but not log in/post... and right now as it is there still no domain name).

Later today we should be doing final dns fixes (hopefully).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Am I the only one that has to scroll to the right?

Am I the only one that has to scroll to the right to read this forum? I have a 14" laptop and there is always at least 2-3 inches of text that I have to scroll to the right in order to read people's posts.

Could this be easily fixed? I don't have this problem on any other website or forum.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I also have to scroll to the side. My resolution is 800x600. I have trouble seeing the text when i set it any higher. I'm used to scrolling here so it's not a problem for me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think at one point we had a post suggestion users to be at 1024x768 resolution when viewing this site? Don't quote me on that. :)

I have a question; even though I log in and I tick the check box asking to be "remembered" in the future, everytime I close the browser window and open a new one to log back in here, it asks for my login info again? I'm guessing this is partially due to the server changes? I checked my cookie settings and they SEEM correct.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it may be due to the server, yeah. Cookies are working fine for me, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that there are some problems. Well, hopefully Guess will have everything fixed today.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK that is very odd... the site is just barely bigger than 800 pixels. Certainly shouldn't be a problem on 1024. Now certain threads might have a problem, if they have pics in them that are bigger, or if they have incredibly long links. Could this be it?

·
Registered
207 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Later today we should be doing final dns fixes (hopefully).
Would this be the wrong place to ask what went wrong, just out of sheer curiosity? I think I read something about changing hosts, and I am guessing something went pearshaped with redelegating DNS, but I would be interested to know.

If you don't have the time or inclination, feel free to tell me so, I won't be hurt :D

SB

·
Registered
991 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
OK that is very odd... the site is just barely bigger than 800 pixels. Certainly shouldn't be a problem on 1024. Now certain threads might have a problem, if they have pics in them that are bigger, or if they have incredibly long links. Could this be it?
threads that have 1024x768 pics posted you will have to scroll across cos the picture gets posted 2 inches from the side of the site due to poster's details etc, so you'll find that post will extend past the screen and due to that subsequent posts will use the extra space across.

Mat :shock:

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FIXED GUYS!

DRMAT said:
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
threads that have 1024x768 pics posted you will have to scroll across cos the picture gets posted 2 inches from the side of the site due to poster's details etc, so you'll find that post will extend past the screen and due to that subsequent posts will use the extra space across.

Exactly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Still scrolling

MZ6ZoomZoom said:
EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FIXED GUYS!

DRMAT said:
MZ6ZoomZoom said:

Exactly.
Well, this entire thread has no big pics in it and I'm still having to scroll to the right. Could it be a Macintosh problem? or an Internet Explorer 5.1.7 (for Mac) problem?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts