FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
That thing looks like an old Mazda MPV minivan.     :werd:     Thank god for the Fusion that we have here. 

·
Registered
112 Posts
Those things are everywhere in the UK. I like the look people give me when they find out my car is a fusion, and they ask when they are bringing them to the UK. The UK fusion has been around a while and is about the size of a scion XB or whatever those cars are. Yes the europeans have small cars, but more often than not their cars seem bigger on the inside than one might think. They are pretty efficient at utilizing space over here, especially in houses.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Unfortunately this is something else that Ford will never bring over here.

Maybe they could throw us a bone a get a diesel engine here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Euro fusion is a subcompact, in the same market as the newly introduced nissan versa, aveo, honda fit, etc.

It slots in UNDERNEATH the focus.

THe Euro "Fusion" is really the ford mondeo, a damn fine automobile. IIRC, they do share the same chassis. THe new mondeo basically has the exact same mazda6 chassis is extended on the fusion.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=captainhook link=topic=56797.msg951379#msg951379 date=1158241872]
Unfortunately this is something else that Ford will never bring over here.

Maybe they could throw us a bone a get a diesel engine here.
[/quote]

I would love to see a diesel fusion here. My friend does some amazing things to diesel engines to hop them up!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fusions euro sibling www.fordeurope.net
Sorry but our North American Fusion is no match. The Mondeo is offered in 3 variants, sedan, hatch and wagon. For some reason North American consumers expectations of what a well built and spec'd automobile, is lower then consumers in the euro market. For example Toyota has stopped offering the Camry in Europe because it was not up to the consumers standards. Same with Honda, the North American Accord did not make it in Europe, so Honda sells the smaller, sportier Accord in Europe, which in North America is sold as a entry level luxury car by Honda's premium badge company Acura.

That said the North American Fusion is the best attempt that Ford has made in some time to produce a decent car,along with the FiveHundred and Freestyle. Ford just has to figure out how to do it 100%, not 60 or 70%. GM is making a rather decent attempt at this as well, by basically rebadging the Opel Vectra with the Saturn Aura, BUT, GM has watered down the interior to such an extent, and some of the exterior that the effect has been lost of a well built and refined automobile.  I find this attitude by the North American car manufacturers very frustrating, that they continue to offer the North American consumer 2nd best so to speak.

BTW, the present Mondeo is not built on the same platform as the Mazda6 and N.A. Fusion. The new Mondeo is built on the same platform as the new Volvo S80, Ford S-MAX and Ford Galaxy MPV's.

·
Registered
230 Posts
[quote author=captainhook link=topic=56797.msg951379#msg951379 date=1158241872]
Unfortunately this is something else that Ford will never bring over here.[/quote]
I'd say FORTUNATELY!!
i think that things Fugly!! Like someone said looks mike a MAZDA MPV Mini-van.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts