FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 ford fusion sel 2.5, what engine swap could I do without having to change a bunch of things? Is it possible to throw a 3.5 in there? I would change the tranny as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
I have a 2010 ford fusion sel 2.5, what engine swap could I do without having to change a bunch of things? Is it possible to throw a 3.5 in there? I would change the tranny as well.
Hi Lature. The short answer is...Replacing the 2.5l eninge in your 2010 Fusion with anything other than another 2.5L engine would be problematic...on many levels. You would be better off selling the car and buying what you want.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Lature. The short answer is...Replacing the 2.5l eninge in your 2010 Fusion with anything other than another 2.5L engine would be problematic...on many levels. You would be better off selling the car and buying what you want.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
I know I'm late to this thread but might I ask why it would be problematic to go to a 35 cuz I also have a 2010 Fusion SEL with a 25 and I want something with a little more power but my engine is already at almost 200,000 miles or else I would turbo this one we just have to put some money into the internals

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
I know I'm late to this thread but might I ask why it would be problematic to go to a 35 cuz I also have a 2010 Fusion SEL with a 25 and I want something with a little more power but my engine is already at almost 200,000 miles or else I would turbo this one we just have to put some money into the internals
Hi David. Different engine, transmission, PCM/TCM tuning, the entire power steering system (EPAS versus hydraulic) etc. etc. etc. The 3.5L Fusion Sports had some different suspension components and suspension tuning etc. And that is just for starters.

It would be easier and less costly to find a 2010-2012 Fusion Sport, and then sell yours and buy it.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts