FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly during cold starts my car makes a low rumble sound and the car has a slight shake, I have even seen the steering wheel vibrating and can feel it in the seats. This mostly happens when in gear but stopped at a light for example. It gets worse when i turn the lights and fog lights on as well as the rear defrost, almost like its idling too low but the needle looks normal at about 500 rpm or so. This might be connected to the vibrating dash problem i posted about. Also i notice that the ticking in the engine sounds louder then normal from time to time. I would just like to be more educated before going to the dealer because it doesnt always happen. Any ideas guys?
Thanks

·
Registered
817 Posts
Do you have an I4 or a V6? Manual transmission or automatic? I believe the normal idle is about 750 to 800 rpms. I would have the dealer check it out. You might need a power train computer module (PCM) reflash. Just a minor adjustment. I don't think the vibration is normal at all. We have none on our V6 under any conditions.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Idle should be around 600 in gear and around 750 in neutral

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think there was a TSB about a low idle, i'd check those out, there might be something in there for you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It feels like its a low idle issue but the rpm needle looks normal at about 700. When i give it a bit of gass it smooths out

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=dirtyddd link=topic=78085.msg1428754#msg1428754 date=1179809441]
It feels like its a low idle issue but the rpm needle looks normal at about 700. When i give it a bit of gass it smooths out
[/quote]
Sounds as if a trip to the dealer is in order.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You say that it gets worse when the lights go on or any other electrical device such as A/C, radio?

If anything have them run a test on your alternator & battery.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Here you go.

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43dafb42mc9a58637/bc/Fusion+TSB+PDF+Files/tsb06-16-08+(2.3+Reprogram).pdf?BC1tzqGBM2YbHrq.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts