FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car was making funny noise so i took it to the dealer, they said it was 3 quarts low of oil, i dont know how. but anyways the engine bearings are bad, and they do not want to warranty it any suggestions?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Who did the last oil change? Did they put at least 6 qts. in? I would assume your car is relatively new and should not be using or losing any oil.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Fight it, tell them that the engine bearing was the reason for you burning oil. Thats flat out horse**** that they wont help you out, especially when most dealerships make money from ford for doing warranty work.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Definetly fight it. This has me worried about visiting my dealer for an oil change. I've checked my oil once in the three months I've owned it and it was fine then but I need to check it and probably change it now

·
Registered
702 Posts
which engine do you have? and yes fight it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bearing failure wont cause an engine to burn oil :lol: Low oil pressure or noise yes, but to burn, no. I would suppose if enough trash from the bearing trashed the cylinders, it might, but if you had a rod or main bearing in that bad of shape, you would have lost enough oil pressure to lock it up long before that. You can fight it, but Ill tell you they wont do squat if you dont have proof of oil changes, like reciepts from a dealer, or you buying the oil and filters. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=john021502 link=topic=71866.msg1264843#msg1264843 date=1173800772]
car was making funny noise so i took it to the dealer, they said it was 3 quarts low of oil, i dont know how. but anyways the engine bearings are bad, and they do not want to warranty it any suggestions?
[/quote]

Before any of us can give helpful suggestions, some additional information would help.

How many miles are on the car? Have you ever had the oil changed? If you have had the oil changed, how many times, and where were the oil changes performed? Do you have the receipts for any oil changes that were performed?

The answers to these questions could be critical to your warranty chances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts