FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would you attempt to edt my sig only to screw it up? Not even a PM asking about the size.

There is no need for you to even touch it.

500x100 with one like of text. Mine is 500x66 with two lines of text. Smaller than a regular 500x100 sig.

Find something else to do with your time.

Thank You.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
hmmm?

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
How about you learn your place on the forum If an admin edits your sig its becuase it violates rules. You get 1 image, max of 500x100 and one line of text. Not one image and two lines of text. Do not attempt to patronize me, Im done dealing with people's inability to have a little maturity and actually follow forum rules. Plain and simple.

I edit all an any sig I see that does not meet the rules. If you dont want it edited don't violate the rules. Plain and simple end of discussion.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is not the end of discussion. I did not violate the rules.

My image is smaller than 500x100.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
It's over now. Up to a 500x100 image and one line of text...simple...happy follow the rules your supposed to be a coordinator not basher of how the forum is run.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Job. I guess you are above everything and make the rules according to your standards.

It would be nice if you were rational at least once in a while. I guess that is too much to ask for.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
This is a vague as hell rule then.... because logic and reason would dictate that size rules are there because of "size" concerns, not number of images and number of lines. In my humble opinion, a smaller image in the Y direction will allow a second line of text to fit in the same vertical space as an image of full Y size plus one line of text.

I'm all for getting rid of sigs and avatars all together. It's always the assholes that want T&A not giving any respect to those people that might want to see only work-safe stuff fighting the assholes that whine about anything. Both groups are assholes and are trying to pick fights with the other.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
Signature maximum size is five lines of text or up to a 500x100 graphic and one line of text. When upsizing text, please reduce the number of lines to keep roughly in line with the size of the originally permitted standard lines.
Please note that lines of text refers to displayed lines on an average browser window size of about 800px wide, not number of sentences or how they are typed in.
Not to be a dick or anything but the way I interpret that is that you can do whatever you want as long as you keep the sig within what would normally be 5 lines of text, where as having a picture actually gives leeway to how big the sig can be and does not say that you can only have 1 line of text with a picture smaller than 500x100.

I dunno, maybe Dan can jump in and give some clarification, Brian's sig didn't look any bigger than yours Rob.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
I updated the rules to state it more clearly. Its to avoid people saying a 300x50 image and 4 lines of text is the same and then making that text upsized. It's a pretty simple rule and Im pretty sure we only have a handful of people that just can't seem to follow. Zobx you've followed it forever. I've followed it forever..it's never killed me to have it be the certain size. I dont see why people find the reasoning to fight it. Isn't it that detrimental to your experience on the forum? I mean really?

maybe no sigs or avatars is the way to go. it would certainly solve all the issue from coming up again.

Maybe if this was addressed with a bit more tact it wouldn't be so awry. With the number of sigs I deal with its hard for me to PM every last person and ask them to change it and then go back and make sure they did, this isn't my full time job I have better things to do than patrol kids who can't be mature and say, hey if you edited my signature I'd appreciate it if you contacted me first. Not WHo did it dont touch it again.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=MZ3sZoomZoom link=topic=93522.msg1828075#msg1828075 date=1194034425]
I updated the rules to state it more clearly. Its to avoid people saying a 300x50 image and 4 lines of text is the same and then making that text upsized. It's a pretty simple rule and Im pretty sure we only have a handful of people that just can't seem to follow. Zobx you've followed it forever. I've followed it forever..it's never killed me to have it be the certain size. I dont see why people find the reasoning to fight it. Isn't it that detrimental to your experience on the forum? I mean really?

maybe no sigs or avatars is the way to go. it would certainly solve all the issue from coming up again.
[/quote]

Is it detrimental to yours that mine is a different size? Your logic is crazy. My sig did not exceed maximum space, yet you felt the need to throw your weight around and show your teeth.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
No but it may be for someone else who would see yours and decides I can do a small image and two lines of larger text. I'm sorry for screwing yours up, I'm sorry you got offended that I changed a minimum amount of format to make it a bit more forum rules friendly. The way you handled it was by no way shape or form the best way and neither was my response, but I have been dealing with a lot of shit on here for making changes and trying to keep the site slightly under control. You would know since you were talking trash about me with Bookeem too who blatantly sought to post boobs and ass as he felt we were out to get him for it. Which I wasn't I used to get along fine with Brandon but then he kind of took a turn and it went a bit downhill.

I don't need it and frankly I'm about done, Ill just let ass and boobs everywhere on the forum and anyone else that feels free to take care of it can.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
[quote author=MZ3sZoomZoom link=topic=93522.msg1828075#msg1828075 date=1194034425]

Maybe if this was addressed with a bit more tact it wouldn't be so awry. With the number of sigs I deal with its hard for me to PM every last person and ask them to change it and then go back and make sure they did, this isn't my full time job I have better things to do than patrol kids who can't be mature and say, hey if you edited my signature I'd appreciate it if you contacted me first. Not WHo did it dont touch it again.
[/quote]

We're talking about SIZE and NUMBER of items.... apples and oranges, I think. It's really not simple if even several of the staff have different ideas from what your interpretation is.

As for the editing, yeah - I'm sure it's a PITA to PM everyone, ask nicely, track it, then change those that don't respond. I wouldn't have time for that nonsense, but I'd also thing that a certain courtesy would be extended to staff. As well as to those who have borderline issues. But that's my two pennies.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Didn't see Rob's reply before mine got posted ... let's try to keep the issues separate. :) T&A are different than size issues. I agree with everything Rob said about Bookeem's (and everyone else's) T&A.... and that they should be dealt with swiftly.

Still have issues about the sizing shit. ;)

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
I think we need to put our sigs on Enzyte....

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
That's why I took the time to try and edit his and make it look nice. I messed it up, it was an accident I thought I had it like it was before. Like I said the way it was handled is what set me off.

I'm officially on sabbatical from the forum.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, first, I don't recall talking trash about you to brandon. I agree with the ass/boobs thing to a point. Second, my issue isn't with you editting everyone's sig, it's with editting mine, which did not break the rules. It was within the total size constraint for the site.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Look, I love this site. I have met a lot of good people on this site, and I have brought people to this site. I have organized many meets for this site.

I'm not looking for special treatment or to get away with something. I knew there are size constraints and I sticked to them. I have pointed out many oversized sigs to new members. Sending them PMs and often they change them on their own.

I don't agree with all of your tactics, though some may be warranted. I think it would be best if we just steered clear of each other. Just as I try to do with members I have trouble with.

With great power comes great responsibility.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.