FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have these brake pads on? If so, how are they?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Joe, I think you'd be better suited going with the Green Stuff. From what I understand, the Red Stuff is more suited toward the racing side of the house. I think you'll get better results with the Green Stuff line.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt,

You've never seen my driving!!! :lol: I drive very aggressive, and make quick stops. That's why I bought the red stuff. I already bought them.

I just wanted to know how they were from someone who owns them.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Well post your review when you've installed them :lol:

I'm interested to see how long they last. I plan on going with the Green Stuff

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=88695.msg1704133#msg1704133 date=1189468129]
Matt,

You've never seen my driving!!! :lol: I drive very aggressive, and make quick stops. That's why I bought the red stuff. I already bought them.

I just wanted to know how they were from someone who owns them.
[/quote]

Hey Joe. :wavey: Answering your question as to how they are: Generally, for street use, they will not last as long as regular, premium, non ceramic, non-racing pads (yes, I had them on a Mustang GT I used to autocross). They are also a little noisier than premium OEM pads. When hot (racing hot), they will stop shorter than OEM. When not racing hot (90% of the time on the road), stopping distances will be a bit longer.

However, as mrc said, they are really meant for cars which are used for light racing, autocross etc, (even though EBC now has the Yellow and Blue Stuff racing lines). Ceramic brake pads do not give optimum stopping results until they are well heated up. Hotter even than aggressive street driving.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy here, but anyone who does run them on a Fusion will most likely not be a good candidate to give an honest answer for your personal situation, as they will either be using their car for racing (which if I remember correctly, you don't do), or they will be someone who buys things which are not well suited for their car, just for the sake of saying they have it on their car (and I know you are not that type either). Either way, they will probably say they are great. Unfortunately, that advice won't help you, as your usage will be different.

The best way I can describe it is, when you are driving down the highway for 15-20 minutes at 75 with nice, cool (temperature wise) brake pads and suddenly need to make an emergency stop for a deer or other unexpected obstacle, your stopping distance will be longer, as they will not be properly heated.

So in other words, no matter how aggressively you may drive on the street, they will not approach the temps they are made to operate in. They will cool down below their prime operating temperature about 80% of the time, and wind up giving you longer braking distances than the Green Stuff, or regular OEM pads.

I know you already purchased them, and this is not what you wanted to hear, but better you know the truth.

:blah: Okay, sermon over. You may now go ahead and ignore our advice. :surrender: :lmao:

Good luck Joe! :cheers:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the advice. I don't have them yet, I can always cancel my order. I know that Fusions are not the greatest at stopping. I'll have to re-think my decision.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
840 Posts
i have red stuff, i put them on for the track. THEY ARE AWESOME... but not if you like break dust. they add a nice coating to your rims after a day or so.

im actually putting my green stuff back on till i decide to go to the track again.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
you want to use the green for daily driving and Red for autocross and road racing. I used the red stuff when i autocrossed then switched to Performance friction for daily driving. They worked great for autocrossing but were way to much for daily driving. Also i found out that if you did not upgrade your rotors you can kiss the stock ones goodbye

·
Registered
514 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=88695.msg1706976#msg1706976 date=1189554981]
you want to use the green for daily driving and Red for autocross and road racing. I used the red stuff when i autocrossed then switched to Performance friction for daily driving. They worked great for autocrossing but were way to much for daily driving. Also i found out that if you did not upgrade your rotors you can kiss the stock ones goodbye
[/quote]sl8r, so are you saying then that one should buy new rotors specifically for these types of pads? I was planning on doing that anyway but if true good info! Also, I see that the Greens are rated for "Medium" dust, how do they compare to the OEMs for this as I find them to be a bit dustier than I'd like, tnx buddy ;)

:cheers:

Gov

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Governator link=topic=88695.msg1727071#msg1727071 date=1190304226]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=88695.msg1706976#msg1706976 date=1189554981]
[/quote]sl8r, so are you saying then that one should buy new rotors specifically for these types of pads? I was planning on doing that anyway but if true good info! Also, I see that the Greens are rated for "Medium" dust, how do they compare to the OEMs for this as I find them to be a bit dustier than I'd like, tnx buddy ;)

:cheers:

Gov
[/quote]

The stock rotor are going to warp on just a few heat cycles so you do want to plan on getting new rotors. The Green stuff pads may not do to bad with the rotors but the red will take them out for sure. It happened to me. As for dust i did not notice much but the wheels i had on the neon did not have very large openings so did not get alot on the outside at all. the stock pads on my fusion are good on dust i do notice hardly any.

·
Registered
840 Posts
having slotted rotors will eliminate a lot of the brake dust from getting on the outside of your rims. my green stuff are treating me great. i need to get some ebc rotors, but i think im just gonna save my money and get a big brakes kit in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.