FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a passion for the duratec engine one of the best engines built by ford. I currently build turbo kit for all mondeos, cougars and contours. My newest project is the Mazda 6 with very low boost to eliminate tuning problems. I am a SCT dealer so I am going to transfer the kit over to the fusions once i find a parts motor. I have the 3.0 VVT engine on th engine stand waiting for some flanges to reach my door step. I plan on building the setup using the more powerful TVC Eaton blower so I can get more power with better effiecency. I will have some more pics available for the VVT engine with Eaton MP62 on it plates.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Great...I'm sure everyone would love to see pics. Keep us updated on how its going. We're always itching for new options and mods for our Fusions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I need if anyone has a link to is a nice engine pic out the car either a Ad or illustration so I can determine the accessory location. I was told the engine is identical to the Mazda 6 plus the fusion is lucky to have the tuning solution with xcal2 so boost levels will be higher on this kit.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Lysholm's are more efficient, but I don't think they will ultimately get more power than an eaton for a cost effective daily driver. Plus the lysholms are usually louder from my experiences, and that might scare a few people away.

Good luck! All you had to say was supercharger, and the project already sounds great :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
I just messed my pants... :shock:

·
Registered
221 Posts
any updates??

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=Tweek link=topic=82415.msg1545565#msg1545565 date=1184031576]
I just messed my pants... :shock:
[/quote]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=pkoko link=topic=82415.msg1568546#msg1568546 date=1184815912]
any updates??
[/quote]

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=80048

I have the upper portion of the SC intake done I am working on a upper intake that will fire down the to the LIM. I will be posting some more pics tonite so keep tuned in I am full throttle on this product and the better news for the Fusions is that I am SCT dealer so I have the tuning devices and tune for your car. too Joey

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is where I stopped tonite I will run 2" pipes to the upper manifold then I am ready to mount the pulleys.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Holy Crap, I just messed myself too. :dance2: That looks like a great job so far. How do you plan on getting this under the hood?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The height difference betweem the upper intake and the SC is that the SC is 1.75" taller than the factory plastic manifold. The pics make it look alot higher than it really is plus you have alot of head room on the fusion compared to most cars like mazda 6 etc.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=burritasvt link=topic=82415.msg1594546#msg1594546 date=1185683960]
here is where I stopped tonite I will run 2" pipes to the upper manifold then I am ready to mount the pulleys.

[/quote]

:thinking: I don't know much about engines besides the basics, so I don't know what all that is you are talking about. But, just by looking at these pics, I messed my pants too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am about to finish up the welding and mount the SC with a mount to the flange on the LIM and the rear head. I have the upper riser built and it really will make the piece look great all in one I have to weld in a 2.5" pipe oval shaped into the top manifold so I can install the 90 degree elbow. I will be finihsing up the pulley system this weekend so stay tuned for the final setup. I am just making a functional piece and will be revising the manifold as we go. Here are some pics

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is getting me excited... :lol: now with the supercharger in the works...now all we have to worry about is traction lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
[quote author=nfgsurf7 link=topic=82415.msg1605618#msg1605618 date=1186031751]
This is getting me excited... :lol: now with the supercharger in the works...now all we have to worry about is traction lol
[/quote]

You forgot Speeding Tickets.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts