FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Magnaflow. They tell me that the dual for the 6 cyl. would not fit the 4 cyl. because of the differences in the catalic converters and doing so would void the warranty. Do I remember someone here installing the Magnaflow duals on a 4 cyl.?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=83711.msg1570403#msg1570403 date=1184881131]
I called Magnaflow. They tell me that the dual for the 6 cyl. would not fit the 4 cyl. because of the differences in the catalic converters and doing so would void the warranty. Do I remember someone here installing the Magnaflow duals on a 4 cyl.?
[/quote]

It fits there has been alot of threads about it and there is at least one person on here that has it so it does fit.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Ceace...Posting the 2.3L & 3.0L Exhaust Systems from the 06 Workshop Manual Vol2. The 'Cat Convert' PN 5E212 is used on both the 2.3 (item#16) & the 3.0(item#22)...so Magnaflow man is either clueless...or blowing smoke up your exhaust system. As far as voiding the warranty with this 'upgrade'...I've had my Fusion @ the dealer for 3K mile oil changes & all there have checked out all the 'mods' and Bob the service manager has not indicated to me that my warranty has been voided due to this..or any of my other 'enhancements'.

Hi slaterracing...yes...it 'bolts' in..all you need to purchase is the 'muffler isolator' PN 5F262 ($4.82) to hang the driver side muffler on the existing stud.

Hi mrc...THANX!! Appreciate you posting the thread for this mod! My only recommendation is to purchase another 2 1/4" band clamp...I put this on the drivers side muff and used the Magnaflow Torca Clamp to secure the pipe between the cat & the resonator as the U-clamp Magnaflow includes not only gives a questionable seal ...but permenantely crimps the pipe making removal a pain. With regards to rear valance alteration for whatever tailpipes...it cuts & files easy..dab o duplicolor touch up paint and your good to go.

2.3L Exhaust System...

3.0L system...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the info, especially SG. That diagram is a big help. The service rep for Magnaflow should be ashamed of himself. My hopes of getting duals are increased now. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+2

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi All....you are most welcome!! With regards to a 'soundclip'....even if I could...I do not believe it would be a true representation of the actual tone...one of those...ya actually have to be there to really experience it...but more importantly...my Magnaflow system is not all Magnaflow anymore....I swapped out their resonator section with the OEM section within the 1st week to quiet the intolerable cabin drone...and have also installed smaller resonators in the outlet of each muffler that I 'gutted' from the Hedman resonated tips for a more mellow tone at idle and cruz RPM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts