FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the 2.3 I-4 SEL comes with dual exhaust system. I could also put it on the SE version, right? So how come the Magnaflow dual exhaust system is only for a V6 version or is there a version for a I-4, also? I asked my dealer that I would like to add a dual exhaust system for my 2.3 I-4 SE and they told me that I had to buy it from a OMD place. He told me that they don't sell any. Wouldn't you think they would know by now that people that buy a SE I-4 might want to add the dual exhaust system?

·
Registered
112 Posts
[quote author=douglas307 link=topic=70307.msg1228956#msg1228956 date=1172300168]
If the 2.3 I-4 SEL comes with dual exhaust system. I could also put it on the SE version, right? [/quote]
The 2.3 I-4 SEL DOESN'T come with a dual exhaust system. Only the V6 does.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actualy there is, the I-4 SEL does have the dual exhausts but it doesn't have the chrome tips. I went to my local dealer and I was checking some of the 07's out and even some of the I-4 SE comes with power sunroof, grrr....!

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=douglas307 link=topic=70307.msg1229367#msg1229367 date=1172336983]
Actualy there is, the I-4 SEL does have the dual exhausts but it doesn't have the chrome tips. I went to my local dealer and I was checking some of the 07's out and even some of the I-4 SE comes with power sunroof, grrr....!
[/quote]

Hi douglas307. Just trying to help here, not start an argument.

If you access the Ford website and look up the Fusion specifications and options, a dual exhaust system is not available with the I-4 engine, not even as an option. The V-6 SE comes with dual exhaust without chrome tips Are you sure you were not unknowingly looking at a 6 cylinder SE model?
Of course, it is always possible that a running change to the option list was made, and dual exhaust for the 4 cylinder was added, but that is highly improbable.
As far as the power moonroof, it is an option on all Fusion models (except for the I-4 S model).
If you have a chance, double check the specs on the models you were looking at.

Good luck! :D

·
Registered
817 Posts
All I got at that site was a bunch of code.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=urnews link=topic=70307.msg1229466#msg1229466 date=1172341145]
All I got at that site was a bunch of code.
[/quote]

Same here Douglas. Link did not work. Just jibberish code. What is the name and the zip code of the Dealer, I will look it up on Ford Direct.

EDIT: Sorry, meant to ask for zip code, not area code.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok here it goes, zip code is 60120 and is Spring Hill Ford is the I-4 SEL BLUE PEARL color and look at the window sticker.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That dealer only shows 2 BLUE PEARL Fusions and they're both V6s. One is an SE the other is an SEL.
Once again, you can't get dual exhaust on an I-4 from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=douglas307 link=topic=70307.msg1229484#msg1229484 date=1172342085]
Ok here it goes, zip code is 60120 and is Spring Hill Ford is the I-4 SEL BLUE PEARL color and look at the window sticker.
[/quote]

Yes Douglas, you are right. The window sticker for that car (the one whose last five VIN #'s are 30770, right?) does list an I-4 SEL "dual exhaust with bright tips" as standard equipment.

That leaves us with only a few possibilities. Two of the obvious ones are:
1 - Ford has made a running change to the standard equipment list of the I-4 SEL, and dual exhausts are now on it.
2 - That sticker is incorrect.

I don't know which answer is correct. I only know that if you go to Ford.com, and go to the Fusion spec and option pages, it shows a dual exhaust as not being available on any I-4 model. I will try to do some more investigating when I have the time, and hopefully we can come up with the right answer.
Good luck until then. :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But anyways, I think im just going to put a aftermarket power sunroof from my Ford dealer for $1,295 - 5 year warranty, he says is almost the same as the factory install one, just slightly better. What ever that means? Thanks bbf.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think it's a goof up on Ford Direct. I looked up numerous I-4s, SE and SELs. On the SELs it says dual exhaust with bright tips. This should only be on SELs with the V6. Somebody messed up.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=douglas307 link=topic=70307.msg1229499#msg1229499 date=1172342971]
But anyways, I think im just putting a aftermarket power sunroof from my Ford dealer for $1,295 - 5 year warranty, he says is almost the same as the factory install one, just slightly better. What ever that means? Is cool bbf, I was just wondering cause I saw a few Fusions at my Ford dealer some 4 banger SEL with Dual Exhauts with no chrome tips and for a minute I was wondering if i dreamed it, but I was almost certain that I saw it. So if thats the case than pretty soon they will be able to install the dual exhausts on a SE, maybe!
[/quote]

If that sticker is right, (and strangely enough, that Dealer also lists another I-4 SEL with dual exhaust as standard equipment) and a dual exhaust is now available on the I-4 SEL, then yes, it should be able to be retro-fitted to an I-4 SE or even S model. They may have to add exhaust hangers to your car, and do a little bit of cutting here and there if undercarriage changes were made to fit the system on the newer models, but if you are willing to pay for it, almost anything is possible.

However, I am still not 100% sure that it is really available now. I am still leaning towards a mistake on those stickers.

Anyway, I hope I am wrong, so that you can get what you would like. If I find out anything further, I will let you know.
Good luck Douglas! :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=hwm3 link=topic=70307.msg1229857#msg1229857 date=1172355385]
They probably are referring to "dual tips", not actual "dual exhaust".
[/quote]

Hi hwm3. Yes, I can see how someone might think that, but if you check out the MSRP sticker that Douglas is referring to in the Dealer's inventory, and the specs and options list at Ford.com for the Fusion, I don't believe "dual tips" is what they mean (if it is, the wording is horrible). The sticker specifically states "dual exhaust w/bright tips", the same as the exhaust system description on the V-6 Fusion models.
Considering the fact that no I-4 Fusion model currently comes with what is commonly called "dual exhaust w/bright tips" (as on the V-6 SEL), there really are two possibilities:
The first is that the MSRP sticker listed is incorrect (or incorrectly worded). The second is that Ford has made a running production change to the I-4's, and not updated their website. I am leaning towards it being a incorrect.
Of course, even the "dual exhaust" that the V-6 comes with is technically a "cosmetic" dual exhaust, as a true dual exhaust has a separate pipe coming off the manifold of each bank of the engine, running separately through (at least) two separate catalytic converters, two resonators, mufflers etc, connected to each other along the line by an "H" or "X" pipe (Being a racer, I know you know this info, just sort of throwing it out there for others who might not).
Anyway, hopefully we can find a definitive answer to this puzzle. (I'm still leaning towards a mistake, and no available dual exhaust for the I-4's). But, as I said earlier, I hope I am wrong, then Douglas and others can have the dual exhaust they want. :D

PS Actually Douglas, I will take a ride to my local Ford Dealer as soon as I can (only 5 minutes away and I know the owner well), ask him and take a look at the recent build I-4 SEL's he has in stock. That should help find the answer.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
Hi Hwm3. Yes, there are dual tips on that Fusion. And they are lovely. However, that is an SE, not an SEL. Are those "bright tips", or just the stainless exhaust? It's hard to tell by the picture.

Do the I-4 SEL models on the lot have 'bright tips", as the sticker states? If the I-4 SEL models on the lot have "bright tips", then your theory may be correct.

As stated earlier, no I-4 Fusion, as of today's date, according to Ford.com, comes factory equipped with a "Dual Exhaust w/bright tips", like the V-6 SEL. That is what Douglas is wondering.

I don't know if you had the time to look at the MSRP sticker Douglas is referring to. It lists "Dual exhaust w/bright tips", not "dual tips". Very confusing at this point. If you have the time to check a Ford dealer before I or another forum member does, then you will hopefully let us know the definitive answer.
Good luck. :D

PS - Just curious as to where the picture is from? Dealer lot?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Not trying to start an argument here, but that's the factory exhaust, and it's the same as every other I4 Fusion sitting on the local dealers lot.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=hwm3 link=topic=70307.msg1230604#msg1230604 date=1172382427]
Not trying to start an argument here, but that's the factory exhaust, and it's the same as every other I4 Fusion sitting on the local dealers lot.
[/quote]

Hi hwm3. Me neither :D. I am just coming active to the forum again in the last few days after a time away, due to the death of my wife's Mom (a fantastic person who was taken from us too soon). I really only want to help people on the forum, not argue.
That is why I figured I would try to run to my local Ford Dealer as soon as I have the chance to take a look. Figure that is the only way to be sure. Also, that is why I have said that there is always the possibility that a "running change" has been made to the standard equipment of the I-4's, since "dual exhaust w/bright tips" (the same wording as the V-6 MSRP stickers) is listed as standard equipment on the MSRP sticker that Douglas (the original poster) referred to.
Trust me, I am only trying to help Douglas find the answer to his question. As I said earlier, I would rather be wrong so that I-4 owners like Douglas can get equipment they like. So, hopefully, at the very least, they can get "dual tips", if not "dual exhaust".
Good luck. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
The V6 SE comes with dual exhaust. The V6 SEL comes with dual exhaust with bright tips. The makers of the Ford Direct website messed up and put "dual exhaust with bright tips" on the I4 SEL sticker. Simple as that. Nothing more. Don't try to make it something that it's not.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.