FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove the Fusion at the Chicago innovation drive.

I have to say the car is impressive.  Fit and finish is top notch.  The dash is incredible, it fits together nicely and the texture was right on with Volkswagen.  The interior is the best I have seen from any American car company bar none. This begs the question, why did you wait so long?

The car handled well and the duratec seemed ample.  The typical magazine rants are just that, rants.  I don't shift a auto trans manually so I don't care if there is only a "L" and a "D". Stability control? That is for people that don't know how to turn into a spin. Besides, most stability controls prohibit aggressive driving. Ask Car and Driver about any Lexus or Toyota with it. All of those magazines complain about any car that isn't a BMW.  Strangely, BMW's aren't like themselves lately.

The lack of a manual transmission does suck on the 3.0.  However, the six speed shifted great and keeps the car in the power band.  Having owned a Taurus I have to say this transmission is light years ahead.

One thing I have noticed since driving the car is how beautiful it is.  I went to the Pete Yorn concert sponsored by Ford.  They had two Fusions parked outside and the cars are sexy.  Photographs don't do any justice to these cars.  The fenders have a crease that is hard to see in photographs.  In person it looks as if you could cut yourself on the fenders.  The profile is agressive and mean.  Camrys and Accords wish that they could be this tough.  Alas, I do wish Ford would have released this car with a manual.  Also, would it hurt to have other options available like navigation or HID's.  I know a lot of you don't care for these but that is what options are for. 

I do believe that this car is going to take over the midsize market.  I can't believe it took American car companies this long.  This car doesn't even feel American, it feels more German than anything else.  I love this car and the innovation drive only solidified my desire to buy one. 

Now the tough decision, do I wait for a SVT version, buy a four banger with manual, or buy the V6 with the auto?

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
[quote author=ATL link=topic=30684.msg431221#msg431221 date=1128472401]
I would wait on the SVT model. Probably be out in 6 more months.
[/quote]

If it's any different than the MS6 :(

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I have a feeling it will be. I hope. I would say for will take the cheap way out and go with a FWD 3.5 duratec with about 270HP/260 tq to compete with the Nissan SE-R Altima.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I doubt that ford will put in the MZ Turbo DISI engine in the SVT fusion. Almost all american automakers try to avoid turbo when possible...truthfully only Dodge really put a turbo in one of their cars. I bet that the fusion will recieve the 3.5 or maybe a supercharged version of the 3.0.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Well, I think they'll all receive the 3.5 eventually. The 3.5 by itself won't be enough of a difference to call it an SVT, methinks. I'd love to see the 3.0 or 3.5 supercharged though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote author=lapis_blue_beast link=topic=30684.msg494058#msg494058 date=1133358231]
I doubt that ford will put in the MZ Turbo DISI engine in the SVT fusion. Almost all american automakers try to avoid turbo when possible...truthfully only Dodge really put a turbo in one of their cars. I bet that the fusion will recieve the 3.5 or maybe a supercharged version of the 3.0.
[/quote]

Don't forget about the Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo (and 3000GT which i know is mitsu, but dodge has an interest in them like ford does Mazda)
Probe
SRT4
conquest
talon (eclipse)
daytona
lebaron

I don't think it is completely out of the question. I could see the SVT offering the 3.5 or the MZR DISI turbo as the engine choices

Trev

G

·
I am not sure if you guys know, but I know the person who has the world's fastest Scion TC, and he owns it on his own, none of that sponsorship bullshit or it's a company car, he straight went out and bought it and is now running low 12's. I would like to see the Ford Fusion be running near that, even though it's a sedan I think it can be accomplished!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts