FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Premier model, with rebates and dealer discounts the price for the vehicle was $21,873.

I love the driving dynamics of the car, steering has good feel to it. The car for being the size handles like it was smaller than it is. The V-6 yes it's loud, but plenty quick for the everyday driver (which I am not SVT hurry the heck up). I love the 6 spd transmission, the shifts were smooth, and the downshifts were smooth also, which surprised me.

As for the interior, I compared it to my mother's Camry. The interior door handles (to open the door) felt the same in both cars. I prefer the feel of the plastic of the stereo in the Milan over her Camry. The Steering wheel, I give it to the Camry (come on Ford you can do better). HVAC Controls, to me I felt comfortable with both even though the Milan is lower on the center console so to me they are equal. Stereo System, I give a slight nod to the Milan as it seemed to have a more balanced system in the car vs the camry. And the Satin finish console, very classy. Dash Material, I slightly give it to the camry due to the graining on the soft touch dash, but the Milan is not far behind at all.

As for driving dynamics, the Milan easliy, throwing it around a little, felt stable and confortable not sloppy like the camry . Exterior looks, hands down the Milan.

All in All, Ford has a Winner on their Hands. Hopefully the launch will be flawless, the Aftermarket will jump on these cars (which it looks like will happen). Ford just needs to market this car right.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Nice review. No need for me to test drive these cars. I'm sure they all drive like my Mazda6. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Actually ATL, quite the opposite. Ford aimed the Fusion to be the "american" mazda6 and basically just took the 06 Mazda6 and put a new body on it. The Milan is supposed to be a classyer car (basically between the Fusion and the Zephyr) and obviously the Zephyr is the luxury car. They're all basically re-tweaked versions of the same car but with different dynamics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts