FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As interested as I've been in the Fusion, another car has been getting my attention in the past few months. Its the 2006 Honda Civic and I finally got the chance to drive one at an event called Civic Live last weekend. I was very impressed. The typical Civic (1.8 5-speed auto) drives the way I expect a midsize car to. Minimal engine noise at low speeds, and no vibration at any speed. It had adequate power and was easy to keep on track at the very tight test course they had. The double-deck digital dashboard is a lot easier to read than pictures suggest. After 2 minutes you're totally used to it.
The Civic does something no midsize car can do, which is get a realistic 30-35 MPG in real-world driving. That's gotten a lot more important to me in recent months. Plus, I really like the Civic's styling. It's the kind of over-the-top aerodynamics that I used to expect from Ford and Chrysler.
Not that I don't like the Fusion anymore, it just has competition. Due to an employment situation I wont be buying any car until well into '06 so I have a lot of time to get to know both cars better. One thing that won't be a deciding factor is price. A Civic LX manual and Fusion S manual both go out the door for just under $17K right now.

I'll put a couple pics from the Civic drive in my gallery.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Civic is smaller, but it has the refinement that I expect of mid-size cars. Persoanlly I'm looking for a car that has the ride and NVH control of a mid-size and the agility and fuel economy of a compact. So either a really refined compact or a good-handling and efficient mid-size would suit me. Both Fusion and Civic come closer to my ideal than anything I've seen since I entered the car market. Pricing is an issue too. Most Accords are over $20k, whereas the Fusion and Civic are both in the $15-20K range.

·
Registered
139 Posts
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=32884.msg463697#msg463697 date=1131031022]
But then you'd have to admit to owning a Honda ;)  j/k
[/quote]

ha ha ha nothing wrong with that!! My show car is a honda Civic... and I am proud of it..LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts