FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy was driving my car today and he nicked the driver side mirror on McDonald's drive through. Well its not really a nick more of sheared the paint.

I was wondering if anyone knows how much it would be to replace the mirror housing. The mirror didnt crack and the power functions are still working, I just need to replace the painted housing (hopefully painted the color of my car).

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone???

·
Registered
817 Posts
Believe you will find that the side mirror is sold as a unit and I bet you will be shocked at the high price. You might be better off to just touch up the scraped part as best you can. Will your buddy pay for the repair?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just called my dealer and they said it was $170 for the mirror assembly and $62 to paint it.

I figured it would be more in the $300+ range for the mirror itself (not including paint), due to the fact it is electric and has the heater and puddle light.

My buddy offered to pay for it, but I told him we could split it, beacuse I am on a 30 day supsended license and he was driving my car to help me work.

·
Registered
817 Posts
That sounds like a fair arrangement. Good luck. Sorry about the license, that sucks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah DUI sucks!!!!!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
[quote author=WiKDMoNKY link=topic=80990.msg1502795#msg1502795 date=1182365856]
Yeah DUI sucks!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Wrong. DUI is stupid!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=yeloxr7 link=topic=80990.msg1503275#msg1503275 date=1182375005]
[quote author=WiKDMoNKY link=topic=80990.msg1502795#msg1502795 date=1182365856]
Yeah DUI sucks!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Wrong. DUI is stupid!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Hey, we all make mistakes.

Have you checked E-bay? I know I have seen mirrors around there occasionally

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if you want to go this route but I was looking into getting the chrome covers for mine that come on the MKZ. I have a friend who works in parts for a ford dealership and his cost was gonna be like $110 a piece (not sure what consumer price is but, I would assume around your $160 mark. The side mirror covers (fusion, milan, and MKZ/zephyr) do snap on and off. There is a guy on cardomain.com who has done this to his fusion and it looks great. Figured I would give you a possible alternative.

·
Registered
148 Posts
is the housing broken? or just a paint scratch, i learned from running into my garage ALL mirrors are the same..... well for the most part my S unpainted mirror is the same as the SEL its just a cover you need and that painted SHOULD be under 100

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=ceiph link=topic=80990.msg1504407#msg1504407 date=1182407016]
is the housing broken? or just a paint scratch, i learned from running into my garage ALL mirrors are the same..... well for the most part my S unpainted mirror is the same as the SEL its just a cover you need and that painted SHOULD be under 100
[/quote]

Yeah, it is just the painted cover that is scratched.

Where would I find just the cover?

·
Registered
325 Posts
[quote author=jaydez link=topic=80990.msg1505093#msg1505093 date=1182440445]
check junk yard dog and all those sites. im sure some yard has the correct color mirror.
[/quote]

I would also suggest the junk yard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used to work at a ford dealership and I know for a fact that you can just get the cover... I did it for my buddy that has a fusion s and wanted the painted mirror covers. They come seperate from the actual mirror, the item needs painted.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any chance of a part number?

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=WiKDMoNKY link=topic=80990.msg1551831#msg1551831 date=1184222405]
Any chance of a part number?
[/quote]

Hi WiKD. :wavey: Go to teamfordparts.com (they are one of our forum sponsors). Enter the year, and model of your Fusion. In the parts list on the left side of your screen, click "Front Door". Sub categories will open in the middle of your screen (and below "Front Door"), click on "Outside Mirrors". In the next sub category, click on "Mirror Cover". In the next sub category, click on "Painted".

As you will see, they do not list a part number, but show a painted left mirror cover MSRP price as $25.30, and their price as $18.82. Call them, be sure it is the right part, and order it. Ask for Bill Jenkins, tell him you are a member of this Forum.

If you do not want to order online, go to your local Dealer, have them look up the part #, and have them order it.

I would think that the mirror comes unpainted (even though it says painted), so ask whether it comes painted, and be prepared to possibly need to pay to have it painted.

I have not used Team Ford Parts myself yet. But know many who have, and they are highly recommended, both on this forum and a Mercury Cougar forum I am a member of.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Someone stole the left hand/driver side mirror cover/cap off of my vehicle today. I went to:
http://www.teamfordparts.com as suggested. I see a primed cover, Mirror cover primed Left for $37.65. Does that mean that the cover is primed for paint vs. the black grained version which is just basic black plastic, non-primed for $13.85?

I do not see a part listed for the heating element, which I am concerned might have also been stolen as the mirror does not get warm or clear as well when the defroster is activated, (cold to the touch) unlike the right hand side mirror which is warm to the touch and seems to clear faster?

Could it be that cold air is blowing into the uncapped mirror body causing the mirror not to heat up? There are a number of squarish, rectangular holes on the mirror. Does anyone know what they are for and if the heating element might have been pulled out from the mirror body? It was raining today, can interior mirror parts sustain water and debris that might get into the inner components? Thanks in advance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts