FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK since i have decided i am going to put the Fusion in a few shows coming up i want to dress up the engine back alittle with some colored split loom and maybe painting the valve cover and some of the plastic parts. Now for the question, what color should i go with? I have the steeda intake so the filter is blue but that could be changed to red by cleaning and reoiling with K&N oil. But then again i have Iowa hawkeye plates on it and they are black and yellow. So what do you guys think what color(s) should i look into.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I think red accents would be cool, even with some yellow loom on the wires, AFTER you re-oil your filter with the K&N oil. I don't think blue will stand out enough against black. Plus, the red will match your calipers.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have always been a fan of matching the engine colors with the the car's color. If your car is black, paint her parts gloss black with high temp clear coat.
Ford Blue is also a nice color, and will match the intake.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i went out this afternoon and made a rough template. but i think you will get the idea. I am going to try and make this out of sheet metal so that i can paint and clear coat it put decals or emblems what ever i feel like. Here are a few pics. As you can see it is just a rough template but when i make the real one i will use a chop saw, dremal and hole saw to make sure everything looks good. let me know what you think?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=mrc link=topic=87819.msg1687227#msg1687227 date=1188866820]
ConFusion's engine covers were real nice. I'd like to get one of those.
[/quote]

same here. he was sending me the first one out of his new set but never came back to the forum after that. not sure what happened to him. But i am going to try and make one for my self them see how it looks. cannot cost a ton more time than anything.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here is a pic of my engine cover.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I take it that engine covers are standard on the Milan? I wonder what it would cost to fab some of those off of the Milan cover if I did a run of 20? I may look into this.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=mrc link=topic=87819.msg1699620#msg1699620 date=1189276000]
I take it that engine covers are standard on the Milan? I wonder what it would cost to fab some of those off of the Milan cover if I did a run of 20? I may look into this.
[/quote]

that engine cover was had made by confusion if i am not mistaken. I do not think the Milan came with one either.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes it was made by made by confusion
I am in the process of repainting it. The engine bay gets pretty hot while sitting in the sun and the paint started to blister. So I am going with a high heat paint this time.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=springer03 link=topic=87819.msg1700005#msg1700005 date=1189297683]
Yes it was made by made by confusion
I am in the process of repainting it. The engine bay get pretty hot while sitting in te sun and the paint started to blister. So I am going with a high heat paint this time.
[/quote]

ya that is what i am going to use. High temp primer and paint.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The engine cover looks great. Too bad he didn't go into a side business making them.

I've never been a fan of bright-colored flex loom. I think it looks real cheap and cheezy. If you are thinking of shows, just keep everything clean -- and maybe add some additional Steeda items to match your intake. They are pricey, but will look much better than color split loom tubing.

·
Registered
840 Posts
what ever happend to that guy?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.