FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Draxas LLC Presents Fast Fusion

From the design team at Draxas LLC, a leader in the Ford Duratec engine performance aftermarket, comes Project Fast Fusion. Beginning with a completely stock 2006 2.3L Ford Fusion, we will transform this capable sedan into a daily driven road course terror. Improved handling will be achieved with the installation of a KW Suspensions Variant 3, fully adjustable, coil-over suspension kit as well as stiffer front and rear anti-roll bars.

At the heart of Project Fast Fusion will be Ford’s new Duratec23 inline 2.3L 4-Cylinder, all aluminum, 16 valve engine. Ross forged pistons and Pauter billet connecting rods will be connected to a lightened, knife edged, Ford Ranger Duratec crank. Holding the engine together will be a complete set of ARP studs and bolts. A custom T3/T4 intercooled turbo system will force feed air through a Cosworth Racing d-Power intake manifold with exhaust gasses exiting via a T-304 stainless steel Draxas 3” exhaust system.

To ensure all of the estimated 400hp makes it to the ground safely and evenly, a Quaife ATB limited slip differential will be installed along with a SPEC Stage 3 Clutch and lightweight aluminum flywheel. The 18” lightweight forged rims will be shod in Kumho MX high performance tires providing ultimate grip on the track and the street. Bringing the Draxas Fusion to a halt will be a set of Wilwood 4 POT calipers clamping 2-piece oversized rotors.

Aesthetic upgrades will include a Fiber-FX carbon fiber hood, APR Racing carbon fiber rear spoiler, and new front and rear fascias. The factory front seats will be replaced with a set of lightweight racing seats with the rear bench converted to two bucket seats replete with racing harnesses.

Look for Draxas’ Project Fast Fusion at the 2005 SEMA Show, 2005 Los Angeles Auto Show, Redline Track Events dates, and numerous other shows and racing events!

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
We want to welcome the Draxas Fast Fusion project to FordFusionClub.com. Draxas has decided to make FordFusionClub.com the official forum site for their project, and we look forward to hearing much more from them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have contacted a number of companies (HiBoost, TurboNetics, etc) but we have yet to decide which company we will ultimately work with.

It is quite possible that we design our own turbo system, but use Turbonetics and Spearco specific parts... and we bend up all the piping and supply the various small bits and pieces (couplers, brackets, hoses, etc).

Either way, the goal is to have the kit be branded as a Draxas Turbo Kit.... ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Performance..... ? Whats that... ? ;)

Yeah.. to say our car will be "tuned" is an understatement.. My personal goal for the car before our contract is up with Ford is to make over 400whp out of this beast!!! And yes, it will be able to turn and stop as well...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=23707.msg323499#msg323499 date=1119303925]
Why would we want to turn or stop?
[/quote]

That still seems to be the mentality of many of the younger car owners these days....

Q: "What can that thing do in the 1/4 mile?"

My Answer: "Hmm.. Uhh... I dont know..."

1/4 mile drag racing just doenst do it for me anymore. Aside from using 1/4 mile racing for testing purposes, I dont see Draxas ever embracing that form of racing. Put me out on the road course where I can test the full limit of adhesion, braking, acceleration, and handling.... :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like we will be taking delivery of our Fusion today or tomorrow. :) I will be sure to take pics of the car and post them on our site!

·
Registered
102 Posts
[quote author=Draxas_VP link=topic=23707.msg324277#msg324277 date=1119384287]
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=23707.msg323499#msg323499 date=1119303925]
Why would we want to turn or stop?
[/quote]

That still seems to be the mentality of many of the younger car owners these days....

Q: "What can that thing do in the 1/4 mile?"

My Answer: "Hmm.. Uhh... I dont know..."

1/4 mile drag racing just doenst do it for me anymore. Aside from using 1/4 mile racing for testing purposes, I dont see Draxas ever embracing that form of racing.  Put me out on the road course where I can test the full limit of adhesion, braking, acceleration, and handling.... :)

[/quote]I agree with you, I have never tested my car for 0-60 or 1/4 mi. times, but in defense how else would you put numbers against a cars abilities. If I do decide to get a Fusion, I want to know how quick it is. So, how else would I get a measurement of speed? How fastor how slow is a point of view, numbers are evidence. I want a car that can quickly get up to speed on a freeway onramp and be able to pass on the freeway with confidence. I feel that 0-60 and 1/4 mi can help justify that. To me, a low to mid 7, 0-60 and a mid 15, 1/4 mi. is fairly decent.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
But that's only evidence in a straight line, RHagel. Sure if it's WAY out of range then that's a bad thing, but the exact times... really who cares. I mean the 6/Fusion is/will probably be faster than the 3 (both being given their large engines, of course) in the quarter mile, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're the faster car in most situations (though given the suspension differences, they may be).

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know, driving is about the feel, not necessarily the numbers. I guess what I'm saying is if you cannot "feel" the car you look at #'s such as the skidpad, acceleration, braking and any other numbers to get a virtual idea of performance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts