FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a drain plug on the 6 speed auto tranaxle (F21)?

Ford puts one on the Escape's auto (CD4E) and it's great - I can drain and fill a gallon of ATF in 10 mins!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A fill plug for an automatic trans? I've never heard of that before - I'm used to refilling through the dipstick tube.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Try reading the thread at the link below. The addition of a drain plug is a great advance but I didn't waste my time with the fill plug because it was buried down under a bunch of stuff, and the filler tube was much handier. You must use the correct fluid -- read the thread. Also, only about 3.5 Qts. came out the drain plug. To get a more complete change you'll either have to do the dump/fill 2 or three times, or pull one of the trans cooler lines and flush the whole thing out. Since I'm opting for annual changes from about 20k miles, I'm just figuring on living with the 3.5 Qt. swap as being adequate maintenance in the absence of any other problems. Good luck.

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=82464.0

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SamSnyder,

So are you refilling through the dipstick tube? I think a yearly "dump 'n fill" is the best/cheapest way to maintain a trans - it's what I do with my Escape.

I'm guessing "Motorcraft Premium Automatic" is Mercon V. Any one know for sure?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This meets the FORD spec "WSS-M2C924-A" required by the 6 speed (Aisin F21).

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=93226.msg1847681#msg1847681 date=1194843070]
Mercon V is not the same as Motorcraft Premium and are not interchangeable.
[/quote]

What's the difference between Premium and SP? Or are they the same. I've yet to see Motorcraft Premium in the shop, I will have to take a look around in parts tomorrow..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.