FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen any custom door sill inserts/scuffplates? Fordaccessories.com has them for the Five Hundred. I think that this part of the car looks really cheap. Our Windstar has them molded in black plastic that say "Windstar" as did my Explorer that I owned prior to the Fusion. Some chrome with Fusion, Ford, or Ford Racing would look good.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The Milan has one on at least the driver's side of the vehicle. The rear doors don't and I'm sure about the passenger side front.

The scuff plate is just black plastic, not sure if it has "Milan" on it or if there is a brushed alternative to it.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=RandyR link=topic=69143.msg1198643#msg1198643 date=1171078848]
Anyone seen any custom door sill inserts/scuffplates? Fordaccessories.com has them for the Five Hundred. I think that this part of the car looks really cheap. Our Windstar has them molded in black plastic that say "Windstar" as did my Explorer that I owned prior to the Fusion. Some chrome with Fusion, Ford, or Ford Racing would look good.
[/quote]

check e-bay i am sure i have seen some on there.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I want those!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I bought some aluminum FUSION ones off eBay for real cheap, haven't received them yet. Will post pics when I get them and install them, though. Seems like they will look really sharp.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I like those. I saw some on E-Bay also, not in chrome though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Here are the pics, as promised. Just installed them today, and I realized I could move the existing ones onto the rear doors.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
They are too thin for me. They look nice though. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I found them here, http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZvdourado199. And yeah, they are a little thinner than I had expected, but they were really cheap and I think they look good anyway. They match the wheels.

They are more for looks than actual scuff plates anyway. But if you want to spend a hundred bucks on the Steeda ones, go right ahead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the link! and yeah i would rather pay a little over 20 bucks instead of 100+ for steeda's. Is it just me or are they a little bit overpriced on most of their stuff? Not knocking them or anything they are a great company but i'm poor!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Not bad looking but I would rather have an actual scuff pad then a decal., cause thats basically what is it.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
:shock:
Ebay?
Oooo :bananahump:
ohhh :bananahump:
Ouch :bananahump:

STEEDA :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=smallbigtall link=topic=69143.msg1617244#msg1617244 date=1186456121]
Steeda is a pain in the wallet, Halo.
[/quote]
You'll get no argument with that thought! That's why you have yours and I'm still saving for mine! :shock:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Very true but i can tell you i have no problem paying extra for a very high quality item and customer service that is 2nd to non. If you find some of my prev post about the Steeda CAI i was dead set against getting it because it was a pipe, filter and bent metal. Well i have one now and know why the cost is what it is and would not trade this for any other. I have installed so many CAI's over the years and have even custom made my own (built one for my dad's Chrys LHS) so i can say that steeda is well worth the extra money but i also understand about not having the funds for there items. I saved up a while to get my intake and i am saving up more for the springs, and hopefully swaybars once the come out.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=69143.msg1617878#msg1617878 date=1186488865]
Very true but i can tell you i have no problem paying extra for a very high quality item and customer service that is 2nd to non.
[/quote]
My point exactly---I can wait.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Wait, so do these just rip up off the door? I think the last time I tried to get them up they were pretty firmly fixed......?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts