FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys have a door rattle? everytime my speakers hit a bass note it rattles big time!

·
Registered
325 Posts
yup, I have heard that too. Not all of the time, just with a song with a lot of base at high volume. Rattle seems to be from the passenger side.

·
Registered
596 Posts
yup... sometimes even low volume and base is only half way up, i'de hear the rattle in the pssanger's side.... very seldom.. I'de hear a rattle between the window and the door when the base is on in a song.... and thats in my door...
I talked to the dealer, thye said to bring it over and they'll fill up the inside of my doors with some foam ( or something) to fill up the empty space and therefore the rattle will stop... now iall i need is to get a free wookend to go and do it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had all of these problems. I thought I've might of been the only one who had problems with the fusion.

I thought something might have been wrong with the speakers though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
never had any problems, stereo or any other noise related, and I crank my stereo

·
Registered
206 Posts
yes from day one.  my dealer put some foam tape on the front passenger door panel edge, but I still have it.  they said they also tightened the speaker in the rear passenger door.  still have a rattle tho.  guess we'll see what else they come up with.  I also have the popping in the dash.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its not the speaker i replaced mine already. I stuffed my door with my kids sweat pants worked like a charm. Just take off the window switch pannel and stuff something in there and it will disappear. :D

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=ILikeFordsToo link=topic=42357.msg626064#msg626064 date=1142914521]
I stuffed my door with my kids sweat pants worked like a charm.
[/quote]

Anyone got a few pairs of extra sweat pants? :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah i have that same problem.. i went to the dealership three times.. they replaced the speaker twice and the door panel once and it still rattle.. so imma try the sweat pants thing.. hope it works.. lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the infamous rattle too. I'm curious. When you guys were taking your car to the dealer were they just taking a stab at it or were they performing that TSB about the speaker rattle?
I also seem to have one when I go over certain types of bumps. Sounds like it's coming from the passenger door panel area but hard to say for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The rattle is coming from the trim peace around the door handle/lock. I hade the same problem. I pulled the trim peace off and put a little foam tape behind it. Did the same with the dash storage compartment it stoped that rattle too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
stuffing kids sweats IN the door panel? does that interfere with the power windows going up and down? i would think it would catch....
i have the problem of a rattle inside the door....the thing that holds the window and pulls it up and down is rattling....i'm going to buy some eDead and see if that will fix it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
well i bought some peel and seal from lowes (search it online and you can find some info) and put it around my speaker enclosure and on parts of the doors...and then....stuffed bubblewrap in the voids of the door panel and i must say i can't hear any rattles anymore. i was getting some good ones, but i can't hear any now, unless you turn it all the way up and it plays only bass. but i don't listen to that junk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts