FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

New member and first time post. First off, I would like to thank all of the members on this forum for the wealth of knowledge they have shared on this forum. For the short time I have been perusing the threads here I have gained a lot of helpful information. Thanks, and keep Thread'n!

Anyway, on to my subject line, which perhaps is a bit overkill. Today I changed the oil on my 06 Fusion for the first time personally, 3rd time overall (15k miles). As I was draining it, the oil drain pan was filling up quickly to depth similar to when I drain my Bronco which takes 6 quarts. Belle Tire had apparently put about 6 quarts of oil in my engine which takes 4.5. Yikes! And I ran it like that for 5k miles!

Ya, I suck. While I ultimately blame myself for not checking. I guess I was just a bit surprised and disappointed to find this oversight by Belle Tire, and felt I should share.

From reading the posts on this forum, I get the impression that most posters here would not have let this slip by their watchful eye. Nevertheless, I have learned my lesson!!!

Thanks again...

G

·
I'm retarded.

Would that do anything to your car?

One time after a FORD dealership changed my oil, they never put the CAP back on!!!

I drove for a whole day like that, so dirt and dust could get into my engine!!!
And all they offered was 1 free oil change, and an engine cleaning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked up some information on the internet about running an engine with to much oil in it. Basically, if anything happened, the damage is done I guess. I haven't noticed anything different. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones...

Here is one of the articles, I'm not sure why it is in Fine Living, but whateva...

http://www.fineliving.com/fine/transport/article/0,1663,FINE_1406_3223691,00.html

Ya, some days I don't think I'm that smart. Thank god for spell check or I wouldn't stand a chance!

·
Registered
71 Posts
"I get the impression that most posters here would not have let this slip by their watchful eye. "

Duh...change it yourself. Why trust some $6.50/hour *******? :?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trust me, I would have loved too, but when you live in an apartment, you just don't have the option. But I agree, I will not leave it up to the Lube Boobs anymore.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hell, I wouldn't trust a $16.50/hour dealership mechanic so I do it myself. Even when I lived in an apt I still did my own oil changes - wasn't fun but it was done right.

SideTrackTap,

What brand filter did they use? Was it crushed when you removed it?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't trust the cheap/fast places either (jiffylube) my dad did and they were always doing things that didn't need doing and encouraging him to change more often then necessary. Replaced his air filters too soon also (nearly new and they replaced it!) I figure I'm safe having the dealer do it since its under warranty and its a very nice shop with great mechanics

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cos,

The filter I pulled out was a MANN, made in Germany, and it was not twisted or crushed.

I guess in retrospect, I could have changed it myself in when I lived in apt. Like you said, it wasn't fun, and that's what I imagined it would be like. Live and learn I guess.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well I work for a Dealership and I can tell you that here in our place as long as your not an ass
to us we will treat your car as if it was our families...mothers,sisters,brothers,wifes..etc.
Now even if you're an ass we still won't do anything wrong to your vehicle but we just may
not treat you with respect, and might take our time doing the work.

There are some people in my line of work that shouldn't be there, unfortunatley there are
asses in this world who think they are the shit. To weed those out it is up to the consumers to
make calls to upper managment...like the service managers first and then if that doesn't help you
have to go to the GM's. But be a concerned customer not a bitchy one when you call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts