FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think the lwo beams are "short"?

My low beams extend and completely blaze about 50'. After that, pure darkness. My highbeams light up around 3 football fields, on the other hand.

I am thinking about adjusting the vertical aim on the low-beams up just a TAD, to get some more light out there. Without the foglights on, I feel I could have more light with a few maglights being held out the drivers window.

It was the same thing with the stock headlamps as well. I replaced mine with some other brand of lights I loved from Japan -- and they are still "short" in my book.

Does anyone else find this to be the case? I need to measure them according to Ford's specifications and see where I stand. The high's are great, but I can't adjust the lows without screwing with the highbeams as well, since they are in the same housing... :?

·
Registered
596 Posts
yeah, I think so too kind of.... thats is exactly why I'm getting some 8000k HID's :]]

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have no issues in seeing with my low beams at all, they project fine enough for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
[quote author=PegAir link=topic=44332.msg664251#msg664251 date=1145151854]
HID's won't make you see any better ..

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/good/good.html

I think another poster here might have taken them out becuase of their poor light output.

The low beams have a very sharp cutoff ..

Carefuly you do not adjust them too high and effect other drivers ..

[/quote]

I have a 10000k HID kit on my Fusion . I have way more road visability @ night compared to the OE hreadlights. I guess it depends on what kind of kit you have . I really like my kit. I had to usa an Allen key to adjust my lights and point them down lower as not to blind people..... But everything comes with a price.... First they are expensive ($275).. and second I noticed that if i dont drive my car for a few days it takes like ten min. for my drivers side light to turn on I assume it just needs to warm up... I just hope they last and dont blowout or melt my harness.

·
Registered
596 Posts

[/quote]

Com'on now... first of all the toppic on in the link is com[paring regular light bulb to a hiper white light bulb... WHICH has nothing to di with HID's.... I might not know much.. but I know this... HIDs do produce more light for futher visibility....

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=TheRussian link=topic=44332.msg667475#msg667475 date=1145341063]

[/quote]HIDs do produce more light for futher visibility....[/quote]You can have all the light in the world and not see shit if they aren't aimed properly. That is my thing, not the light output.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had my headlights reaimed twice with No difference there is definitly a lack of range on the drivers side light. there has got to be a TSB or recall on these babies before someone or something gets run over...!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=Giz93Cobra link=topic=44332.msg667967#msg667967 date=1145379766]
I have had my headlights reaimed twice with No difference there is definitly a lack of range on the drivers side light. there has got to be a TSB or recall on these babies before someone or something gets run over...!!!
[/quote]

What I have definately noticed is the lack of light on the sides, indeed, would be nice toget something done about that...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm bored, I should go to Ford and see what they say about it. They'd most likely give me some BS about me having different bulbs, or something. Losers. Maybe I'll go later on today.

·
Registered
43 Posts

[/quote]

Com'on now... first of all the toppic on in the link is com[paring regular light bulb to a hiper white light bulb... WHICH has nothing to di with HID's....  I might not know much.. but I know this... HIDs do produce more light for futher visibility....
[/quote]

SORRY ABOUT THAT I WAS JUST PUTTING MY 2 cents IN YOU KNOW....

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=magik1 link=topic=44332.msg668801#msg668801 date=1145410828]

[/quote]

Com'on now... first of all the toppic on in the link is com[paring regular light bulb to a hiper white light bulb... WHICH has nothing to di with HID's.... I might not know much.. but I know this... HIDs do produce more light for futher visibility....
[/quote]

No No Magic.. i wasn't refering to you.... I was talking to pegair...

SORRY ABOUT THAT I WAS JUST PUTTING MY 2 cents IN YOU KNOW....
[/quote]

·
Registered
43 Posts
NO WORRIES :cheers:

·
Registered
596 Posts
so how about them pics magik?

:klavergreg:

·
Registered
204 Posts

[/quote]

[/quote]

Huh? No the topic is "Low beams are short" not hyper white vs regular .. and your post brought up HID's when you said .. "yeah, I think so too kind of.... thats is exactly why I'm getting some 8000k HID's :]]"

Anyway .. yes of course HID's produce more light, and infact .. they have SO MUCH light they have enough to push light out to the sides and fix the "not enough light on the sides" problem.

HOWEVER, if you read through the link I provided you'ld see that you can't just pop in HID replacement bulbs and see better. You WILL get more light, you WILL NOT see better becasuse

(1) The new bulbs will not focus properly in the fusion housing
(2) The fusion housing points the light in the wrong places to take advantage of the HID light.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do we have a hijack thread smile?

:hijacked:

There it is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts