FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=63826.msg1096303#msg1096303 date=1165044200]
They have them on SEL's -- you might be able to get the switch from Ford and do it yourself.
[/quote]
I always turn the headlights on, day or night, as a safety measure. But I do wish the headlights would come on when the wipers are activated -- the law in some states. I think the MKZ (Zephyr) has this feature. It's a good idea that should be mandatory on all cars sold in the U.S.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Re: Automatic Headlight Switch

[quote author=urnews link=topic=63826.msg1159662#msg1159662 date=1169314563]
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=63826.msg1096303#msg1096303 date=1165044200]
They have them on SEL's -- you might be able to get the switch from Ford and do it yourself.
[/quote]
I always turn the headlights on, day or night, as a safety measure. But I do wish the headlights would come on when the wipers are activated -- the law in some states. I think the MKZ (Zephyr) has this feature. It's a good idea that should be mandatory on all cars sold in the U.S.
[/quote]

Hey Boz.... I am 98% sure that my lights come on with my wipers. I leave my auto lamp switch on (auto) all the time. I took notice to this one day when we had a quick shower that the lights came on after a turned the wipers on and when off after I turned them off. I will have to play with this some more to get conformation that it's working with the wiper switch and not with the day/night sensor.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Re: Automatic Headlight Switch

I tested this today. (sun shine and no clouds) With the auto lamp switch on auto, wipers on for about 10-20 sec, the lights will come on!!! I tested with the switch in the off position and it did not work.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Mine never came on, but I do not use the AUTO feature. That's kinda neat!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I don't think that it mentions anything about this in the owners manual. It was a neat surprise. PA just passed the "wipers on /lights on law". Just 1 less thing I have to worry about.

·
Registered
217 Posts
auto feature? what's that dose the 06 Fusion model have it?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
If you have auto lamps, this will work for you. I think this was standard on the 06 SEL V6

G

·
man...alls i want is that headlight auto on feature....has anyone figured out how to do it yet...or how much a dealership will charge to have it installed?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=67439.msg1160273#msg1160273 date=1169349506]
man...alls i want is that headlight auto on feature....has anyone figured out how to do it yet...or how much a dealership will charge to have it installed?
[/quote]

Dude, I just realized when I split this topic off your original post that it disappeared into never, never land. :dur: Sorry.... You may want to repost.

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Just an educated guess here, but I would think adding the auto-on headlight feature would be rather cost prohibitive. It would not be as easy as just adding the auto-on headlight switch. Not only would you need to replace the old switch, you would also need to add the sensor (on the top middle of the dashboard, toward the defroster vent) which senses the ambient light, wire it all in, etc.
Of course, anything is possible for the right amount of money.
I don't mean to discourage anyone if they really want to try. Just giving an opinion.
Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.