FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm almost about to begin phase I of a 3 phase complete reconstruction of my stereo system. The speakers are in, the amp is almost in, but of course I have questions for those of you who have already swapped out the factory door speakers.

I notice many times that my door panel will rattle if I have the volume juiced up with the bass more than half. It only happens with certain frequencies though. I'm only having a problem with the rt passenger side, so it's possible that I've already blown a speaker in less than 8 months of ownership. BUT - I was wondering if anyone saw a need to insulate or dampen any possible door rattle when they were switching out their door speakers.

Also please keep in mind that the originator of this thread is wildly anal retentive.

·
Registered
221 Posts
best way to fix ratles is to buy damping material like Dynamat. Then intalling rubber spacers where wires or anything that vibrates makes noise.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a similar rattle/vibration in my right side door since I upgraded speakers/amp. I can hear the vibration during certain songs while driving, but can't reproduce the vibration in the driveway. I had my wife push and pull on the door panel while we were driving and it appeared to come from the door handle area. I removed it and added some padded tape and it seemed to help. I still hear the vibration sometimes but it's better than it used to be. I would follow pkoko's advice and add dynamat and anything that would keep wires, etc from vibrating against the door. Good luck

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, this may be me hijacking my own thread, but how exactly do I take the inside door panel off to replace the speakers in there?? Anyone have a diagram or can provide instruction? Thanks,

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I bought this stuff from Ebay. It's supposed to be superior to Dynamat according to the "testimonials"...it certainly was cheaper!!

Here's the info in case anyone is interested:
http://stores.ebay.com/J-and-M-Xtreme-Marketing

I am going to put in all my crap next Sunday, so I'll take pics of it all and give you the scoop/critique on my personal experiences for those of you who are thinking about doing this stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts