FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get the dashboard to unlock so that I can access some cool other info like engine temp in degrees, rpm, digital speedo, etc. I know that in the Focuses all you have to do is hold down the info and reset buttons and then crank up the car, wait 10 seconds or so and the needles will start going crazy and the the info will appear that you can cycle through. I was wondering if anyone has come across how to do this on the Fusion. Digital speedo would be kinda cool to have.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I think you need to hold the setup and reset buttons (the two right ones) on the message center while you start the car.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It's something simple like that. I know how to do it on the Mustangs and Focus's, but not the Fusions. I'll play later today if I have time.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
This would be awesome to find out. I have seen that on the e-bay auctions but have figured it would come up here eventualy.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has figured this one out yet? I just got it to work on my wifes 01 cougar and its pretty cool. :klavergreg: I know on the Cougar its called diagnostic mode.

G

·
I've tried everything. I played with it for about an hour. Nothing works. Maybe if you called a Ford Dealership there is a new way. Whether or not they will tell you who knows. But it would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've tried a few combos, but nothing seems to work. My service guy (the same one that told me that my Fusion was getting "normal" gas mileage at 16.2 mpg), tells me that it cannot be done - that Diagnostic mode is done with the computer link now. The more I try to figure it out, the more I start to get frustrated at the thought that he might be right.

By the way, mpg woes still continue. But, if anyone can find out how to unlock the dash, please post it here for other Fusioneers to enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=dtrkted link=topic=54470.msg932480#msg932480 date=1157467151]
there's links to buy the information on ebay...maybe i will...
[/quote]

I think that is only for the european Fusion. Let us know if it works!

G

·
That thing on eBay tells you the same thing. Hold the two buttons then start your car etc. etc... Easy way to make money on eBay though! :rick:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, don't fall for that. I personally didn't, but I was talking to a buddy of mine who owns a European Fusion (wicked - looks nothing like ours - it's not even a car). Driven it twice - driving on the wrong side of the road is WEIRD!!! He says that his works beautifully when holding down the info and reset buttons, but no dice with mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts