FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I just got the windows on my Fusion SE tinted today (all 4 + rear window). I've just taken it back from the shop and took some time to look around at the windows inside. There seems to be small streaks that almost look like stains on the front passenger window. Is this normal with fresh tint (like not even 5 hours after it was put on) or does this mean that the tint was not applied properly and I'll have to take it back?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
do yourself a favor and dont touch it for a couple days 2-3. the streaks you see could be left from water and glue mix used. it should dry out form underneath and only thing youll have to do is wash you windows on maybe the 3rd or 4th day with a NON ammonia based cleaner.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is probably just the window drying. There is no water glue mix. The adhesive is on the film, but a mixture of water and a little soap is used to install the film. It usually takes about 24 hours to dry depending on the temp. out side. Most shops tell you not to roll the windows down for 24 hours due to this. If this does not go away after the time allotted I would take it back to the shop you had it done at and have them replace the window tint. It is a good idea even if this does go away to go back out to the car with a soft cloth and press down on the inside where all the "matrix" is on the windows. This is the part on the back window at the top, and top of the windshield. This process will allow the film to lay down in these areas better. Best of luck and enjoy your tinting.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I'm surprised the people that tinted your windows didn't mention it. You'll have to wait a few days to see what the final result looks like.

I also hope you didn't roll down your windows. :shock:

·
Registered
596 Posts
^^ :werd:

Another :werd: on the ammonia part

·
Registered
178 Posts
why don't people tint the windshield?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=Oreo link=topic=74565.msg1442764#msg1442764 date=1180397860]
why don't people tint the windshield?
[/quote]

Probably because its illegal in most states.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
And maybe people don't tint windshields because most cars have poor head light illuminations, so why make your vision darker at night by making your windshield darker? Bad on the eyes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What does anyone think about tinting a black Milan with real light blue tint. Some Mercedes come with this light blue tint from the factory. Feel as though it would give the car a little touch of class.

What do yal think?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I have seen the Mercedes you are talking about. That does look classy, but I think a light blue tint (if they even make it that color) just wouldn't look as good as that glass made to be that color.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I know of 2 cars in my area that have tinted front windshields. Whenever I'm patrolling on Saturday night, I love pulling them over.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Since I have taken my tint out, I have noticed that the windows have a blue hue to them that must be the reason that a tintometer will measure the tint being darker than what the tint is intented to be. I plan on putting the tint back in once I decide on wheather to get 35% again or mirror tint. Does anyone here have mirror on a silver Fusion?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I just have a strip of tint on my windshield which is legal here anyway it helps some with sunlight

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.