FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering a new Fusion and would like to know if any owners here ordered theirs through Ford. If so, how easy was the process? Can you still take advantage of incentives? How long did it take for the car to arrive at the dealer? I've never ordered a car before but unfortunately, the Fusion I'm looking for seems to be challenging to locate in my area (SEL I-4, 5-speed, cloth seats, with moonroof and ABS).

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=zoomandyzoom link=topic=73989.msg1316589#msg1316589 date=1175881453]
I'm seriously considering a new Fusion and would like to know if any owners here ordered theirs through Ford. If so, how easy was the process? Can you still take advantage of incentives? How long did it take for the car to arrive at the dealer? I've never ordered a car before but unfortunately, the Fusion I'm looking for seems to be challenging to locate in my area (SEL I-4, 5-speed, cloth seats, with moonroof and ABS).
[/quote]

Hi zoomandyzoom! :wavey: Yes, I factory ordered my MKZ, and you can factory order a Fusion. It is a painless process, if you are an educated buyer. On average, you can figure on a 6-8 week wait on a factory order. Mine took six weeks to the day, from order to delivery (but that was in October-November 2006, the slow sales season). Yours would probably be a little longer.

You are still eligible for all incentives. The thing to remember is that you are eligible for the incentives in place at the time of purchase, when the car is delivered to you. Not the ones in place when you order the car. In general, this is not something to worry about, as incentives are not changing much lately, and may (usually) even get better towards the end of the model year.

In fact, I have always factory ordered all of my cars. My Father worked for Ford (Motorcraft Parts Division), and he always advised factory ordering a new car. His philosophy was that this way you bought exactly what you wanted. You don't have to settle for a different color, lack of options you wanted, or pay for options you did not want. When your car is delivered to the Dealer, it has your name on the window sticker, and has been test driven by no one. No hard test drive miles by sweaty cab drivers, or parents with runny nosed kids. :D
Of course, my father-in-law is the exact opposite. He will only buy a car from Dealer stock. He is happy doing things his way, so I do not try to persuade him otherwise. To each his own! :banana:

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have, and best of luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Factory ordering would be ideal sure but I was just glad to be buying new at all! I've always had and or planned on buying used cars so a new car even off the lot was a treat. My car had 23 miles on it when I bought it and had been at the dealer 1 month before I bought it. It had everything I wanted it was loaded and I liked the color combo.

Yeah usually the I4 5spds are stripped models nothing added just cloth no upgraded sound or roof etc. usually if you buy them that way you get them cheap my dealer has them for 16k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts