FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Light detonation occurrs in my 2006 SEL V-6 during incremental throttle applications. The detonation does not occur when the throttle is applied in a non fluctuating pattern. I have fitted the Steeda CAI and the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust. The SCT 87
performance tune has replaced the factory ecm settings. The detonation is noticeable only during initial throttle
tip-in and occurrs with regualr use of BP 93 -octane gasoline. The car is driven primarily in the city and has approximately 7850 miles. Any ideas regaring cause/cure?

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you have the SCT on hand with a higher octane tune, flash it out, and see if that helps. There is no sense in running 93 on an 87 tune, regardless of the breathing mods. But with the mods, you may want to get a custom tune to maximize your a/f mix, otherwise try the stock tune or the most recent Ford PCM/TCM bins.

Also , whats the average temp outside when you have this problem? Some near freezing or bellow weather could throw you off without the custom tune.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
With the SCT tuners... The grade of gas is very important. Even an octane or 2 will throw off the car. I would either change the tune to the 93 or only run 87.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.