FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been car shopping for a couple months now. I test drove a Mazda3, Volvo S40, Fusion, Mustang GT, and a Saleen Mustang (just for fun). I wasn't too impressed by the Mazda and the Volvo was too pricey. It came down to the Fusion or the Mustang GT, which were both going to be around $300/month for a 36 month lease. I went with the Fusion because of the gas mileage and the insurance for the Mustang would be as much as the car payment! I am incredibly happy with my decision. Besides the lack of a stick, (a 6-speed would be nice) the Fusion has blown away my expectations. Steeda intake and Magnaflow exhaust soon to come! 8)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sane decision. Enjoy the new Fusion and welcome to the forum. Happy motoring.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The Fusion is a great all-around car.

...And last September, I was in the same boat as you. I was going to get a Mustang GT, but decided against it once I got a quote for my insurance.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congratulations on your new car!

Happy driving

·
Registered
702 Posts
Great choice. I too almost bought two different mustangs. One was a base model GT, the other a FULLY loaded v6. I just kept thinking about the insurance on those things and it kept pushing my away. Then I told them I liked my mom's Milan she'd just bought. They then brought out my fusion and said lets take it for a drive, and I was sold. I sell myself on cars, not sells people. The salesman was a idiot anyway. Told me it didn't have side impact airbags when it clearly said it did then when i showed him all he said was "Oh." and that was it. Well as we all know I got it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I had a very similar dilemma in april when I bought mine. I spent my entire 6 month deployment researching what options I wanted in a 07 Mustang GT. There was even a dealer that ordered EXACTLY what I wanted, and even called me a few weeks after I got home to tell me it came in. I went out, drove it, and realized there was no way that I would be able to drive that car everyday, let alone on my 440 mile trips to Pittsburgh. After a few days of going back and forth, I came home with my fusion. Now, don't get me wrong... i still want a Mustang ;-)

·
Registered
910 Posts
I looked at a V6 mustang and even the GTs and even though the prices were similar to the fusion (a bit higher on some of the Gts) I chose the fusion for the two extra seats and doors and of course the insurance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.