FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that a lot of folks that post photos of their new cars have these ugly front plates installed, usually with the dealers name on it. Is this SOP for Dealers even in states that do not require front plates? Heck I made my dealer take his name off the rear deck before I took delivery of the car. If he had drilled holes in my front bumper for advertising I would have gone somewhere else. What's up with this bastardizing someone's new car?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I don't think it's standard operating procedure in states that don't require it. I didn't have one on my car. I'm like you, I don't understand why people leave that crap from the dealer on their car. Especially those little stickers. All that crap comes off FIRST when I drive it off the lot. Those bastards aren't paying me to advertise for them, so why should I do it?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've heard in some cases that, under terms of the lease, it is required that some sort of dealer advertising be on the car as long as it is being leased.

Yet another reason to pay cash for the car.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
The dealer I bought my Mustang from (in 1991) used to rivet their nametag onto the trunk lid. I told them when I bought it,that if that's on there I wasn't taking the car. With the Fusion(different dealer) I told them I didn't want the sticker, but when I picked it up, it had their sticker on the trunk lid. I mentioned it to them and they offered to take it off, but I was in a hurry and didn't want to wait around any longer. Just used "goo-gone" and a fingernail and it came right off,rear license plate frame was gone as soon as I bought a new one that I liked. Front license plate bracket was in the trunk, wrapped in plastic,(no thanks).

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you are talking about the front plastic plate holder. Yeah, my car has it. But it is not because they wanted to put-it there. It is law here in Kalifornia to put those damn things "on". Sure you can take them "off" but risk getting harassed by the P.D. or ticketed. I choose not to get ticketed. I did take the dealer plate covers "off" though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I keep mine on because i'm a dealership employee (mechanic)

so I dont have a problem advertising the dealership because it helps me make more money :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Iam picking up a 07 new fusion tommorrow when u take the front plate off does it leave nasty holes if so how do u fix that thanks

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
My front license plate and bracket fell off about 3 weeks ago... Well more like, flew off on the freeway at 70MPH. I was pretty ticked since it's a personalized plate. I had to turn it my back plate to get new ones re-issued... It cost me $31 and it'll take about 6 weeks for my plates to arrive.

I know my bracket wasn't screwed in, but it was always snug. I normally checked it everytime I washed my car. Oh well. I wonder how much the dealer is going to charge me for one of those. :shock:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=94098.msg1974125#msg1974125 date=1199733903]
My front license plate and bracket fell off about 3 weeks ago... Well more like, flew off on the freeway at 70MPH. I was pretty ticked since it's a personalized plate. I had to turn it my back plate to get new ones re-issued... It cost me $31 and it'll take about 6 weeks for my plates to arrive.

I know my bracket wasn't screwed in, but it was always snug. I normally checked it everytime I washed my car. Oh well. I wonder how much the dealer is going to charge me for one of those. :shock:
[/quote]

if it is still under warranty they should replace it and then pay for the plate that was lost.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=94098.msg1974164#msg1974164 date=1199734531]
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=94098.msg1974125#msg1974125 date=1199733903]

[/quote]

if it is still under warranty they should replace it and then pay for the plate that was lost.
[/quote]

I have a 6 year/60K warranty... You think that would be covered? I might as well give it a shot!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
If they don't replace it, I can send you mine. It's brand new, still in plastic. We only have one plate where I live. :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts