FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As says in the title. It just came on out of the blue last night while driving home. Stopped at the light, turned the car off and on... came right back on. Any ideas, I have played around with several solutions and nothing. Some insight please????

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I know this is not what you wanted to hear, but you may want to see your dealer. I wouldn't mess with the airbag crap.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my thoughts Chris. I guess I need to take 22 hours out of my day now, to sit up @ the dealership and wait for them to tell me they can't find the problem!!

G

·
Wow that sucks, better then it going off in your face though, or not going off at all in an accident.

Wednesday I have to go sit at the dealership all day so they can look at my brakes. From speeds in excess of 65 and up, I can feel a vibration in the pedal and hear it to. Sounds like warped rotors, UGHGHHGHHG.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, I would rather it be checked then blow up in my face. I think I am having rotor vib issues, however... mine are at lower speeds around 30-0 under hard braking

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=85492.msg1617083#msg1617083 date=1186451629]
That was my thoughts Chris. I guess I need to take 22 hours out of my day now, to sit up @ the dealership and wait for them to tell me they can't find the problem!!
[/quote]

Hi all! :wavey: Have you guys thought of asking your Dealership if they provide a loaner car while your vehicle is in for warranty service? Ask when you call for the service appointment.

Most of the Ford and Lincoln/Mercury Dealers in my area provide loaners (and no, you don't need to have the extended warranty to be eligible), they do it as an added customer service. But even here, if you don't ask, they don't always necessarily tell you.

Never hurts to ask. Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Most all dealers will also give you a ride to work or home. But it's typically your responsibility to find your way back there once the vehicle is ready :x

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bah our shuttle will take you home and pick you back up .. what kind of bs dealer just takes you home and says find your way back. You need to find a new dealer !!

In all my years in service side of things never seen an air bag blow up with light on. It does however mean there is a fault in the air bag system and it is likely to not go off when you need it to tho :( Dealer should be able to run the test in about 30 mins to an hour at the most and find out what has to be done then advise you from there.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
A co-workers fusion had his air bag light come on too, ended up being the switch that lets the ecm or whatever know whether or not someone is sitting in the passenger seat. Not too big a deal.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info guys! It actually went off today on the way into work. However, its back on, on the way home. I plan on running it into the dealership over the weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have found that if I have something that weighs about 5 pounds in the oassenger seat, the light will kick on. If nothing is in it, no light. I think there is a sensor in the seat. My wifes 07 Altima does the same thing.

-Jason

1 - 13 of 13 Posts