FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have hated cats before I met my wife. She loves them and I have gotten adjusted to them. But, I washed my car yesterday and looked closley on the hood to notice scratch marks from the bastard jumping up and climbing down my car!! I think it will be too much trouble to buy a car cover and have to cover it everyday I go home. Does anyone else here have a cat? I need a solution before I have to get rid of it and upset my wife. :chuckles:

G

·
I have the same problem, their are two ways to rid of this.

When you catch them sitting on your car hit the panic button it will scare the shit out of them and they will never go near your car again.
Or go invest in a cheap airsoft gun and shoot them when they are on your car.

They may scratch it trying to flee off the top of your car, but I guarentee they will never go back on it.

Worked for me!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, that panic button idea may work great!!! Thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=84390.msg1589159#msg1589159 date=1185483759]

[/quote]
:lmao: I do like the cat a little, and love my wife. So, even though that would work, can't be an option. :lol:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I have grown up with cats and could never hurt one. I was just surprised no one suggested that yet. Glad you got a laugh.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, because spraying him with water (although they hate water) only runs him away for a second, then he is right back at it again. But I am buying an air rifle for a stray dog that has the nerve to come mark his territory on my wheels!! If my pits weren't still puppies, I would let them loose on him for a second so he will get the point that that is not his territory. For the record, I have pits for the love of the dog, not to fight them. I am against the brutal sport of dog fighting.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
And????? The man wants rid of the cat....loosing end of a dog chase or cat fight....problem solved. Until the wife gets a new one that stupider than the first one!....hell..never mind.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, declawing a cat is cruel. He uses those claws to catch rodents outside before they try to get in the house. And he loves to climb trees. I am just going to do the panic mode on the key to scare it the next time he gets on it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Whatever you do don't wax the car. It makes them scratch at the paint more. They can't get a grip because of the smooth, waxed surface and they go ballistic clawing to get up. Maybe you could put that thing up around your car they sell for Christmas trees. Mild electric shock maintains a perimerter. Also stops other people from taking the car and using up all of the gas. The gun option might just destroy the finish more should you miss, paint chip, chipped windshield, might hit the wife if she gets in the way trying to save the cat.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for warning me about the wax, because I was going to wax it this weekend! And guess what? She brought two kittens home Friday! :grr: :bitching: I got up this morning and that damn cat left paw prints all over my trunk and rear window!! I think I am going to just buy a car cover.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think the car cover is the best option and will totally be worth it. If it rains after washing your car you don't have to worry. And if you live in an area where it snows, you don't have to clean the car off on those cold mornings.

Good luck with the kittens! :klavergreg:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Every once in a while my alarm goes off in the middle of the night. I figure it's one of the cats jumping off the Astro onto the Fusion....

·
Registered
910 Posts
I try not to leave my fusion outside where cats can get to it but they have sadly, little bastards I hate cats

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.