FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went out last night to park my car after a shopping run with my girlfriend and apparently she left the rear passenger door open-wasn't completely closed. So right as I'm pulling into the garage the door opens and hits the garage and slams shut (which scared the shit out of me since I wasnt expecting that) I was able to get rid of the scuffing but there are two scratches that seem to have went all the way through, past the primer.

How much will it cost to have this painted, what should I do? I've only had the car two months :(

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=69211.msg1200117#msg1200117 date=1171162878]
So I went out last night to park my car after a shopping run with my girlfriend and apparently she left the rear passenger door open-wasn't completely closed. So right as I'm pulling into the garage the door opens and hits the garage and slams shut (which scared the shit out of me since I wasnt expecting that) I was able to get rid of the scuffing but there are two scratches that seem to have went all the way through, past the primer.

How much will it cost to have this painted, what should I do? I've only had the car two months :(
[/quote]

$500 minumun

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try to get a pic. 500 minimum for two scratches!? Can't it just be filled in as opposed to a complete repaint? Is there anychance I could buy some paint and fill it in myself?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=69211.msg1201098#msg1201098 date=1171230506]
I'll try to get a pic. 500 minimum for two scratches!? Can't it just be filled in as opposed to a complete repaint? Is there anychance I could buy some paint and fill it in myself?
[/quote]

if you want it done right and to look good you need a body shop to do it and it will be a min of $500. I had a scratch and a small crease in my fender once (not fusion) and it was a little over a grand.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
A friend of mine runs a P&B shop and I would trust him to do anything to my car. With my old F150 he could do paint jobs for pretty cheap, but recently I asked him about painting a spoiler and he told me it was going to cost $125. He tends to charge me cost for stuff. I asked him wtf on this price, and he said that factory paint on newer model cars is ridiculously expensive. If you're going to do it right, there's $100 worth of paint on a SPOILER. With two deep gashes on the door, you're going to have to bondo the holes, then paint not only the door but also blend the color into the front fender and rear door (believe me, if they paint JUST the door, you WILL notice the difference).

That's a 3-day, $600 job.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:( I may have to just leave it like this for awhile (thats a monthly payment and gas!!)

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=69211.msg1200117#msg1200117 date=1171162878]

[/quote]
Total bummer on an almost new car. I would get an estimate from a professional body shop, or the local Ford dealer if its a reputable place, and then check on your insurance. You can be sure it will be $500, maybe slightly more. Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I understand your pain. About a month ago, I came out to my car and it appeared as if someone pulled into the parking spot and side-swip'd the car (of course they never bothered to leave a note). At anyrate I got most of the scratches out, but there are a few down to the paint (no longer than 2 inches/wider than .5 inch)...........well I got an estimate because I thought no big deal a couple hundred dollars, it was actually estimated @ 657 dollars.

I filed an insurance claim, because my insurance company will allows incidents that weren't at fault by you to go without raising premiums, that and my deductible is $150.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=TGFuze link=topic=69211.msg1205200#msg1205200 date=1171403085]
I understand your pain. About a month ago, I came out to my car and it appeared as if someone pulled into the parking spot and side-swip'd the car (of course they never bothered to leave a note). At anyrate I got most of the scratches out, but there are a few down to the paint (no longer than 2 inches/wider than .5 inch)...........well I got an estimate because I thought no big deal a couple hundred dollars, it was actually estimated @ 657 dollars.

I filed an insurance claim, because my insurance company will allows incidents that weren't at fault by you to go without raising premiums, that and my deductible is $150.
[/quote]

wow what insurance company do you have. Comp claims normaly do not get surcharged but coll claims do and that would be coll.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My deductible is $500 but I don't think I'll bother, I've managed to buff it out to the point where its nearly impossible to see without putting your eye right to it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
BTW that sounds about right pricewise. I also think paint prices matter on the color on the car. I heard white & black are the cheapest. while Red/blue metalic most expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts