FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a heads up on a future TSB...If you these concerns wait and I'll post the TSB when it is available.

2006-2007 - FUSION/MILAN/ZEPHYR/MKZ/EDGE AND MKX - MOMENTARY FRONT CV JOINT CLICKING, GRINDING, RUBBING, OR CRACKLING NOISE AFTER COLD SOAK
ON SOME 2006 ZEPHYR, 2006-2007 FUSION/MILAN AND 2007 MKZ/EDGE/MKX VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT A MOMENTARY CLICKING, GRINDING, RUBBING, OR CRACKLING NOISE WHEN FIRST MOVING THE VEHICLE AFTER SITTING IN COLD AMBIENT TEMPERATURES. THE NOISE IN MOST CASES WILL ONLY LAST FOR A FEW ROTATIONS, OF THE WHEELS, THEN GO AWAY. ENGINEERING IS AWARE AND INVESTIGATING THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE CONCERN. DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY REPAIRS AT THIS TIME. MONITOR OASIS FOR UPDATES.

·
Registered
833 Posts
cisco, any thought or experience with rattles/clunks coming from the passenger side of the car? I have this noise over sharp bumps. It sounds like something loose, almost like the jack is bouncing around (I removed the jack so I now it's not that) or a loose shock.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=69657.msg1211418#msg1211418 date=1171612327]
Here is a heads up on a future TSB...If you these concerns wait and I'll post the TSB when it is available.
MONITOR OASIS FOR UPDATES.
[/quote]
What, or who, is Oasis? Is it a Web site? How does one monitor it?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I am not exactly sure, but I believe it is a web site. It is only accessable with a username/password so I assume it is for Ford tech's and the like

G

·
Whenever I back up for more then about 25 feet, I hear a clunk come from the front passenger wheel area. I'm not sure what it is, but I should probably get it looked at. It's just a bang, thats it, no other sounds.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I just figured i was hearng things. i would hear this coming from the passanger side first thing in the morning when leaving then after work when leaving but as soon as i would turn the radio down to hear it again nothing would happen. I was thinking it was just the sand or something on the road. It only did it when it was very cold out normally around 0 degrees.

·
Registered
613 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=69657.msg1226103#msg1226103 date=1172201695]
I just figured i was hearng things. i would hear this coming from the passanger side first thing in the morning when leaving then after work when leaving but as soon as i would turn the radio down to hear it again nothing would happen. I was thinking it was just the sand or something on the road. It only did it when it was very cold out normally around 0 degrees.
[/quote]

Same here. I was about to rip the hub apart just to make sure that I was safe. I had a wheel come flying off a car @75mph some 7 years ago due to worn wheel studs, and I don't take these annoyances quietly anymore. If its just the CV, then thats all good. I can let ford fix it when they finally have a solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts