FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yeah, after making a few calls, this place Livernois Motor Sports near me does full custom tunings for my 06 fusion. I went through some random questions, and he said he could eliminate my o2 readings from my ecu, aka, i can bypass that egr tube from my intake, and bypass the coolant from the throttle body.

he said the performance increase would be very noticeable. also, i can do the Balance Shaft Delete on it as well, known throughout many other 2.3L duratecs (focus, and mazda6).

bad part is, its $600 for a tune, but its dyno tested until the car runs to what they think is as close to perfect as can be.

Im gonna wait till i get my custom exhaust put on, and some other things before i blow my 600 bones on them. But, they've been around for a while, and those guys there are prooo.

if you want any other info, http://www.livernoismotorsports.com

so if you live in michigan, and you have some $$$ to spend, they're the guys to see.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I called and left a message last year but they never called me back. I was also interested in putting my Fuse on their dyno. But $600 for a tune is quite a bit of change. What are the benefits of bypassing the egr tube?

[quote author=benit0 link=topic=85216.msg1610469#msg1610469 date=1186172525]
so yeah, after making a few calls, this place Livernois Motor Sports near me does full custom tunings for my 06 fusion. I went through some random questions, and he said he could eliminate my o2 readings from my ecu, aka, i can bypass that egr tube from my intake, and bypass the coolant from the throttle body.

he said the performance increase would be very noticeable. also, i can do the Balance Shaft Delete on it as well, known throughout many other 2.3L duratecs (focus, and mazda6).

bad part is, its $600 for a tune, but its dyno tested until the car runs to what they think is as close to perfect as can be.

Im gonna wait till i get my custom exhaust put on, and some other things before i blow my 600 bones on them. But, they've been around for a while, and those guys there are prooo.

if you want any other info, http://www.livernoismotorsports.com

so if you live in michigan, and you have some $$$ to spend, they're the guys to see.
[/quote]

·
Registered
61 Posts
[quote author=Metallicat link=topic=85216.msg1610814#msg1610814 date=1186178827]
I called and left a message last year but they never called me back. I was also interested in putting my Fuse on their dyno. But $600 for a tune is quite a bit of change. What are the benefits of bypassing the egr tube?
[/quote]

The benefit (if any) would be to cool the air coming into the throttle body. Since the egr tube and those coolant line hook up at or near the throttle body he is hoping to reduce the temp. of the air coming in. Which if it can reduce it enough would allow for some noticeable gains However you would need these custom tunes in order for it all to work properly and not throw a CEL.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=06MerlotSE link=topic=85216.msg1610858#msg1610858 date=1186179799]
[quote author=Metallicat link=topic=85216.msg1610814#msg1610814 date=1186178827]
[/quote]

The benefit (if any) would be to cool the air coming into the throttle body. Since the egr tube and those coolant line hook up at or near the throttle body he is hoping to reduce the temp. of the air coming in. Which if it can reduce it enough would allow for some noticeable gains However you would need these custom tunes in order for it all to work properly and not throw a CEL.
[/quote]

toooo true. basically, from what i talked to a mechanic about. the temp of the air coming through the throttle body after it warms up is way over 200deg F

taking out the coolant tubes (ooohhhyghooey hot coolant), and the egr (aka hot exhaust gasses), with a tune will make it feel like a 25hp gain.
also, with that you can TOTALY bypass that ugly ass rubber accordian type intake thingy attached to the throttle body, and attach an extention for say the steeda intake. all in all, it'll be way more efficent.

but, he already said that.. in all honesty, 600 bones for a GOOD tune, and proper setup is worth it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Are they charging $600 for the tuning alone, or including the mods (in other words do they do the mods themselves or do you do them and then bring your car in)? It seems like if they have done this before they would have "boxed" tunes that they could simply download to your ECU through the diagnostic port like with an XCal tuner. I don't really understand the need to individually tune like cars with identical modifications.

[quote author=benit0 link=topic=85216.msg1610922#msg1610922 date=1186182600]
[quote author=06MerlotSE link=topic=85216.msg1610858#msg1610858 date=1186179799]
[/quote]

[/quote]

toooo true. basically, from what i talked to a mechanic about. the temp of the air coming through the throttle body after it warms up is way over 200deg F

taking out the coolant tubes (ooohhhyghooey hot coolant), and the egr (aka hot exhaust gasses), with a tune will make it feel like a 25hp gain.
also, with that you can TOTALY bypass that ugly ass rubber accordian type intake thingy attached to the throttle body, and attach an extention for say the steeda intake. all in all, it'll be way more efficent.

but, he already said that.. in all honesty, 600 bones for a GOOD tune, and proper setup is worth it.
[/quote]

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would becareful about removing the coolant lines that go to the throttle body. There was mod like this for the GM 3.1L motors and in some instances in the winter, individuals complained of rthe throttle freezing up.

Just food for thought. There is a reason why the engineered it like that.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not like its a permanent change. all you do is pull it from the coupler, and re attach it to the throttle body durring the winter. problem fixed ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts