FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post to these forums. My Mazda 3 hatchback i Grand Touring is the first brand new car I've purchased. I hope with some care and love it will last a long time. As a testament to who I am, I immediately had to improve it.

I didn't like how my phone was getting poor reception when listening to podcasts through Bluetooth. Instead of buying a universal phone holder (which I've always thought were ugly), I decided to design a custom phone holder and 3D print it.

My phone holder is designed for an HTC One M8 phone. It fits my dash perfectly, leaving room for the air vents and the emergency flash button. I use it every time I want to listen to music in the car. My phone gets much better reception now, and the screen is easy for both the driver and passenger to see and touch. The way the phone clips in by simply pushing it into place is much faster and cleaner than the spring loaded side flaps most universal phone holders must use. It mounts to the dash with a single piece of gel-based mounting tape, which leaves no residue if removed.

This phone holder also happens to fit Iphone 6 or 6s phones with most low profile cases very nicely.

If you happen to be in my situation and want one of these phone holders, reply to this post. I'm considering selling them if there is enough interest. It takes about 6 hours to 3D print one on my Form 1+ printer, plus another half hour to clean up and paint. For an extra amount, I can easily incorporate custom designs like the logos on the one shown in these images. I would have to charge around $50+S&H to make it worth it, plus any engineering time for custom logo inlays.

I look forward to hearing what this forum thinks of the design.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, this is my first post to these forums. My Mazda 3 hatchback i Grand Touring is the first brand new car I've purchased. I hope with some care and love it will last a long time. As a testament to who I am, I immediately had to improve it.

I didn't like how my phone was getting poor reception when listening to podcasts through Bluetooth. Instead of buying a universal phone holder (which I've always thought were ugly), I decided to design a custom phone holder and 3D print it.

My phone holder is designed for an HTC One M8 phone. It fits my dash perfectly, leaving room for the air vents and the emergency flash button. I use it every time I want to listen to music in the car. My phone gets much better reception now, and the screen is easy for both the driver and passenger to see and touch. The way the phone clips in by simply pushing it into place is much faster and cleaner than the spring loaded side flaps most universal phone holders must use. It mounts to the dash with a single piece of gel-based mounting tape, which leaves no residue if removed.

This phone holder also happens to fit Iphone 6 or 6s phones with most low profile cases very nicely.

If you happen to be in my situation and want one of these phone holders, reply to this post. I'm considering selling them if there is enough interest. It takes about 6 hours to 3D print one on my Form 1+ printer, plus another half hour to clean up and paint. For an extra amount, I can easily incorporate custom designs like the logos on the one shown in these images. I would have to charge around $50+S&H to make it worth it, plus any engineering time for custom logo inlays.

I look forward to hearing what this forum thinks of the design.
Can you link the stl for this mount? Just bought a 15 touring and I'd like to remix this for an iPhone 11

1 - 2 of 2 Posts