FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of my custom Fusion emblem that was just cut for me tonight. This is a pic from the guy that made it. I posted a thread earlier about the custom emblem but I think it was in the wrong section. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I like it. :goodjob:

I'm assuming it's chrome silver, and the lighting is why it appears goldish on my monitor. I saw the other thread, is the lettering black, or close to the Charcoal Beige you were wanting to match the color of your Fusion?

That's going to look pretty sharp once it's on the car.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the guy b****ed and complained until I told him it was OK to do it in black.

Yeah, that's all lighting - the emblem is chrome and everything else is in black. The little line running down the black bar below is also in chrome. I will take some better outdoors pics once I get it on the car. Won't be for some weeks since I haven't even ordered the Jusnes tunes yet to make the badging "true" :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
That emblem looks nice. How much did it cost you?

·
Registered
484 Posts
That looks great!!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it cost me 30 bucks to have it done, BUT there are complications with it that prevent it from going on the car just yet.

The complication I ran into is that the rear trunk does not have 6" of FLAT metal anywhere on it, unless you are talking about the very center portion of the lower lip of the trunk (which again, isn't completely flat, but flat ENOUGH). The place where I want to mount the emblem is too curved. So, I think it's back to the drawing board to see if I can do this but in a slightly smaller capacity.

I've envisioned what it would look like on the back center portion of the trunk and it ain't pretty!!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's actually a really good idea. Do you think it would get too hot under there though?

I guess it wouldn't get any hotter than if it was baking in the sun in the middle of July though......

·
Registered
382 Posts
See??? This is the same reason why I just shaved everything off ;)

I like it though!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=90292.msg1923135#msg1923135 date=1197755394]
That's actually a really good idea. Do you think it would get too hot under there though?

I guess it wouldn't get any hotter than if it was baking in the sun in the middle of July though......
[/quote]

it should be just fine under there. friend of mine with an SRT-4 had me install a mopar stage 1 kit on his car in it came with a stage 1 emblem kinda like yours and i put it on his injector cover. it sits right in front of the intake manifold and has shown no signs of coming off yet. and since he has a turbo car it gets a lot hotter under his hood than a fusion would

1 - 11 of 11 Posts